Wednesday, October 17, 2018

31 Days of 5 Minute Free Writes - 17: "Pause" [Simple Woman's Daybook]

If you would like to join in and post your own Daybook, please head on over to visit Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook
 

 
For Today:  Wednesday, October 17 , 2018

Outside my window  

We went from this...






To this....

in a 24 hour period!

I am thinking... 

For information on 31 Days of Five Minute Free Writes
please see Mrs. Kate's site here:
http://fiveminutefriday.com/2018/08/30/31-days-five-minute-free-writing-prompts-2018/



When do we normally press pause?

  • When we need to relieve ourselves.
  • When we're bored with what we are listening to or watching.
  • When something or someone more important comes along.
  • When there is a malfunction and what we're listening to or watching will not play correctly.
When should we press pause on our lives to stop, reflect, and refuel?
  • When we need to relieve ourselves.  Sometimes we just need relief from stressors.  Pause and relax.
  • When we are bored.  Sometimes we need to turn away from all that drags us down.  Pause and reevaluate
  • When something or someone more important comes along.  Sometime we need to make sure we're making the right people (including ourselves) and activities top priority.  Pause and reorganize.
  • When there's a malfunction.  Don't let life hit you so hard that you're forced to stop completely due to physical illness, mental exhaustion, or spiritual emptiness.  Pause, rest, and refuel.
 

I am thankful...

  • ...for fun conversations with my sister, Clara.
  • ...having to ride the bus to church Sunday made me even more thankful for my car.
  • ...for eyes that see, ears that hear, and a heart that understands God's Word (Matthew 13:15).

From the Workshop...

Working on a set for a baby boy due this month.

From Auntie's Test Kitchen:  I'm getting ready for vacation in two weeks, so I'm keeping food purchases to the barest minimum.  When I come back, I'll pick up the challenge.  Think holidays, y'all.
 
I am reading... My reading mojo has been slowed lately.  I've got to kick it back into gear.

I am learning... that I legitimately hate pumpkin spice.  In my quest to continue the mythicality, I'm still trying new things. Autumn is here and everybody, everywhere is trying to pumpkin spice everything, including Starbucks lattes.  I've always gagged at the thought of the pumpkin spice latte, but in all fairness, I'd never consumed one.  I was out running errands a couple of Saturdays ago and decided to try one.  Oh. My. Goodness.  It was nasty and excessively bitter.  I kept trying to drink it in the hopes that it would get better.  It didn't.  So, let's just save the pumpkin spice for candles, shall we?   



Favorite quote(s) of the week

"You are not responsible for everybody's everything. Codependence is not a mark of holiness." - Carolyn Moore

"Surround yourself with things that contribute to the image that God says you are." - Jerry Savelle

"The Christian community should be the safest place, not the scariest place, for fallen people to fall down and for broken people to break down." - Tullian Tchividjian

I am looking forward to... 
  • Finishing my first 5k in Colorado this weekend.  At the last minute I signed up for CCU's annual Cougar Dash 5k.  So, no time to make or buy a new race tutu.
  • The Marching Southerners reunion.  I got my registration invite in the mail Monday and am getting it turned around asap.

And Now For Something Totally Different:

My Mythical Year

I've earned another Mythical Merit Badge since my last daybook:

Get Lost

Five Minute Friday word of the week:  Praise


 


 
 
 



 
  
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment