Friday, September 7, 2018

Five Minute Friday: "Rain"




Purple Rain.
Blame it on the Rain.
Holy Spirit, Rain Down.
Abundance of Rain.
It's Raining Men.
Grace Like Rain.
It's Beginning to Rain.

With the coolness of fall teasing the air, I'm thinking about how to spend my down time.  I think rainy days will be the most relaxing.  A nice steady rain can put me right to sleep if I need a nap.  I also like to sit with book and my beverage of choice (usually tea, coffee, or sparkling water--don't get crazy) and soak up the words printed on the page while the thirsty ground and plants soak up the nourishing rain.  So refreshing.  Ooh, and that smell of rain!

My soul is like the thirsty ground and I want to soak up God's grace and love like rain.  My first year here in Colorado has been a good one, but also a very lonely one.  I must remember than when I feel overwhelmed with the empty sadness of loneliness, the Lord is always there, always understanding, always loving, and always encouraging.


2 comments:

  1. Beautifully done. I like how you tied this up by reminding us God is always there when we need His comfort.
    Blessings ~ Wendy Mac

    ReplyDelete