Friday, February 2, 2018

Five Minute Friday: "Agree"




We always hear that wise adults know how to agree to disagree.  I would like to find some who are wise enough to agree to agree.  It seems that many people relish the thought of finding things to be disagreeable about.  Rather than listen to facts and trying to understand another person's perspective, they use the "agree to disagree" mantra as an escape hatch.  Conversely, when a person makes assumptions and is completely wrong about something, the break out "agree to disagree," meaning, I'm totally ignoring the truth, but I'm going to cliché my way out of having to admit I'm wrong.  This also shows a lack of maturity.

Amos 3:3 says, "Can two walk together, except they be agreed?"  The answer is no.  We don't have to agree on everything, but we do need to find common ground upon which to agree.  That is the foundation upon which trust and friendship is built. 

4 comments:

  1. Hello neighbour! I like your take on this. It is true that we do need to find a common ground so that we can work with each other. #62

    ReplyDelete