Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Soaker Tub: The Weekly Hodgepodge


Join the fun! 
Come on over to 
for the Hodgepodge link-up!
February can be a little bit tricky given the weather and the winter and the whatnot. I read a list (here) of things you can do to make your February brighter which included-start planning your next trip, take more baths, make your own chocolate covered strawberries, and exercise in preparation for swimsuit season. Anything on the list you might try? Which suggestion on the list appeals to you most? Tell us something not on the list that helps make your February brighter.

Wow, I'm still processing that February is already here.  January flew like a flash! 

"Take more baths" sounds appealing.  However, I have your standard apartment-grade bathtub.  I've only showered in it, so I really don't know if it would be worth it for a bath.  I suppose trying it once can't hurt.  If it's not worth it, I'll come up with something else from my list.

FYI - When I get my own house, it WILL have a deep soaker tub.

Things not on the list that will keep my February bright.
  • Give myself a manicure and pedicure.
  • Read a fun book...or two.
  • Watch a fun movie or TV series.  Our library has plenty.
  • Plan and execute my next decorating project.

Tell us about something you've seen or done recently that you'd say was 'super'?

Well, I don't know how super it was, but I finished two paintings that I'm pleased with.  They need to be framed, but you get the idea.

I think I'm gong to hang this one in my cubicle at work.


This one's for my entry way.

Best thing you ate in a 'bowl' last week?

Black-eyed peas.  They were from a can, but they were really good.

Something you're 'cheering' for right now?

Increase.

The Winter Olympics begin Friday, February 9th in Pyeong Chang, South Korea. On a scale of 1-10 (with 10 being all in and 1 being no interest whatsoever) how interested are you in the games? Which event do you most want to see (you'll find a list here).

I'd give that a 1 on the 10 point scale.  When I was younger, I loved to watch the figure skating, ski jumping, and speed skating, but I have no interest in it anymore.  Why?  One, because I don't have a TV.  Two, like other things I  cared about as a child, the Olympics seems to have  become so political that it's not even fun anymore.  Three, I don't know any of the athletes representing my country.

On a side note, I think American football should be an Olympic event.  Summer or winter, I care not, just add it to the roster.

Insert your own random thought here.

My sister-in-blog Annie is linking up with Modern Mrs. Darcy discussing large and small things that are saving their lives right now.  I think Mrs. Joyce's question about making it through February and this prompt come at a good time for me.  In the past, winter was not the kindest season for me.  This first winter in Colorado has been really good for me.  I'm still very squirrelly because, quite frankly, I feel like I'm not getting enough done.  I'm making up for many years of lost time.  I can't keep using being new in town as an excuse; I've been here for almost six months for pity's sake.  Anyway, here are a few things that are saving my life right now and keeping me from losing my flippin' mind!

Church - Worshipping together is the best healing balm to my soul.

Lent - The glorious beginning of the Easter season starts in February.

Belmar Library - Our local library not only has a good selection of books and DVDs, but loans out Wi-Fi hotspots for seven days at a time.  So, I do have internet for a week every 4-6 weeks.

My trench coat - In my quest for appropriate winter wear, I found a genuine black leather trench coat at the thrift store (and on sale to boot).  I have dubbed it my "Morris Day" jacket. Jerome, bring me my hat.  I smile when I put it on;  it's comfortable, protects me from the elements, and makes me feel like a rock star.

Denver Public Transportation - Definitely makes having no wheels more bearable.

Work - Great coworkers and daily laughter will keep my February bright.

My mug collection - Though I strive to match things like dishes and place settings, I determined not to do that with my coffee mugs.  Whenever I'm out and see a mug that appeals to me (and the price is reasonable), I buy it.  I managed to bring two of my favorite mugs with me on my move: my teachers mug one of my students gave me, and my "A lil' bougie" mug, a gift from a coworker at the Y.  Since moving, I've collected four or five mugs that bring me joy.  Those mugs make my coffee and tea even more enjoyable.

A stack of canvas - I have a stack of 8x10 canvases upon which to create throughout the month of February.

Podcasts - I subscribe to many genres of podcasts that not only give me information, but entertainment and encouragement. When a podcast ceases to do so, I simply unsubscribe and try something new.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Shannon! Thanks for stopping by for a visit and leaving your sweet comment. Well, I have never been to CO but have a few blogging friends from there and it is SO beautiful there! My hubby's older sis just moved there so now there is a possibility that I can finally get out to this part of US. I agree with your thoughts on the Olympics...I used to watch them and kinda get into them but like you said, just like everything else, they have gotten so political and I can never look at those little gymnasts the same after that huge mess with the team "doctor". Those poor young ladies. I hope you will soon feel at home in your new surroundings! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete