Wednesday, December 6, 2017

40 Days of Gratitude: Day 15: The Weekly Hodgepodge


Join the fun! 
Come on over to 
for the Hodgepodge link-up!
What title would you give this current chapter of your life?

"I Wish James Spann Was Here." The alternate title would be "What Was That Daytime Temperature Again?"  First, yes I knew prior to my move that Colorado's climate is not only drier, but cooler than Alabama, so no finger wagging, people!  HOWEVER, I need more reliable weather information than my apps.  I need a meteorologist with all the thoroughness of Mr. Spann...and I ain't found him yet.

December 6 is National Microwave Oven Day. Who knew? Besides popcorn and coffee reheats, what's the most common thing you microwave? Could you get along without a microwave?

Like I said last week, I have learned that I am horrible at reheating food on the stove, so a microwave has become necessary.  This is payday weekend, so I'm headed out for a microwave, and another necessity, a vacuum cleaner.  Along with reheating food and popping popcorn, I can safely heat milk for hot chocolate or Chai Lattes.  I also make Rice-A-Roni's Spanish Rice in the microwave.  It doesn't come out as well on the stove.

If you could insert yourself into any Christmas carol and experience the lyrics in real life, which Christmas carol lyric would you choose and why?

Little Drummer Boy

Why?

Ok, so I'm not a boy (so I guess the lyrics would have to be altered slightly to accommodate a girl), but God has given me the gift of drumming.  Getting to drum for Him is an honor.  Yes, I know that playing a drum solo for a newborn isn't practical, but it's a Christmas carol; cut me some slack.


One of my favorite versions of the song.


Tried for 5 years to get my Worship Pastor to let us do something like this!  Unfortunately, he said no...every year.


Describe the most beautiful drive you've ever taken.

This one is hard to answer.  When I'm driving, I'm usually very focused on driving instead of scenery, plus I can't take pictures while I drive.  Most of the beauty I've experienced has been once I got still.  I probably haven't taken my most beautiful drive yet.  Next fall, I plan to take a mountain drive here in Colorado.  I hear it's gorgeous.

What's something on your Christmas list this year? (an actual list or figuratively speaking, either one).

On my real Christmas list:  Gift cards; they always fit.

On my praying to God for a miracle list:  A newer car.  Preferably at 2014 or newer Honda Accord, crimson in color.

Insert your own random thought here.


In case you missed (or don't read) my Daybooks:
I'm making an executive decision.  Since I don't have internet at home, I'm not going to keep trying to keep up a daily gratitude blog.  I will post for whatever day I can.  Even if you don't see a post, just know that I am thankful everyday of the 40 days; I just can't write about it daily online.

I'm thankful that I now have couch in my apartment.  Like a microwave, a couch is something you take for granted until you don't have one.  I've enjoyed sitting on the couch and crocheting for the past couple of days.  My place is feeling more and more like home.

No comments:

Post a Comment