Wednesday, November 29, 2017

40 Days of Gratitude: Day 08: The Weekly Hodgepodge


Join the fun! 
Come on over to 
for the Hodgepodge link-up!
What's something blogging has taught you about yourself?

Though it sounds trite, my answer is that it has taught me the power of words.  The words I've written have helped others, helped myself, started (hopefully) lifelong friendships, and rekindled old ones.  Blogging has taught me to better organize my thoughts so that I can present them in a more understandable manner.

Leftovers...are you in the 'reheat and eat' camp or the 'put them in the fridge until they spoil and then toss them' camp? What's your favorite thing to have leftover? What can you not abide as a leftover?

I'm in the "reheat and eat" camp.  Offhand, I can't think of anything I won't eat as a leftover; if I enjoyed it the first time, I'll surely enjoy it again.  With that being said, there are reasonable limits on reheating.  Once it doesn't have the consistency of food anymore, time to get out the Hefty bag.

This question makes me laugh.  Since I've moved into my own place, I've realized how for me, a microwave has transformed from a modern convenience to an absolute necessity.  Quite frankly, it sucks to not have a microwave and I'm horrible with reheating food any other way.  I'm planning on purchasing one ASAP.

'Me time'...your thoughts?

For you, Mrs. Joyce?  Sure, so for it!

For me?  I'm getting that now.  After three and a half years of housemates, I'm relishing my alone time.

When people come to you for help, what do they usually want help with?

At work, it's a myriad of administrative questions.  Outside of work, most people want someone who'll listen, someone who'll give advice, and/or someone to pray for them.  My family and friends have learned that if they don't want to hear the truth, don't ask me for advice.  I'm not in the business of telling people what they want to hear.  I've had (and have) great people in my life who don't tell me what I want to hear; they tell me what I need to hear to grow and succeed.

If your childhood had a smell what would it be? Tell us why.

The smell of the red clay soil of the southern United States.  From day one, I've played in that dirt (probably have eaten some of it too).  When I was older, I planted vegetables and flowers in that dirt.  I've even thrown pure terra cotta clay on the potter's wheel in ceramics class.  I loved the smell of that soil just before a good rain shower.  Strange as it is, that scent is comforting and homey to my nostrils.

Insert your own random thought here.


Yes, I know I'm missing some days.  I really shouldn't have committed to a daily post when I don't have internet at home.  #Duh  I'll catch it up somehow.  Stay tuned for some backdated posts.

This morning found me, for the first time in ages, not wanting to get out of bed.  Mentally, I was rip rarin' to go, but my body wanted to stay in bed.  After a few minutes of contemplation moaning and groaning, I got up, took a couple of Excedrin, drank a bottle of water, and cranked up some high energy music.  That did it!  After about 15 minutes, my body was ready to tackle the day.  Thanks Mylon Lefevre and Ricardo Sanchez!



Heading out to work, I was greeted by this beautiful sunrise:























The camera on my phone doesn't really do it justice, but you get the idea.  Thank you, Lord, for painting another beautiful sky this morning.

6 comments:

  1. You are living in such a lovely place!! Great view this morning. When I need perking up, I love to listen to Mandisa. Are you familiar with her music? She makes me want to get up and move!! (though I hit the snooze this morning, too!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard of Mandisa, but I've not listened to much of her music.

      Delete
  2. Did you know our microwave broke on Thanksgiving morning?! I didn't realize how much I'd miss it...! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning from NH. I enjoyed reading your answers this morning. You and I seem to be kindred spirits in that I too tend to shoot straight from the hip and speak truth. If you don't want hear what I think then don't ask me the question.
    My body often rebels in the morning too. Way to go to get yourself started.
    I hope the rest of your week goes well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning! Yeah, it surprised me to have to my body rebel since I'm not getting up as early as I did for my old job. Your body SHOULD rebel at 3:30 a.m., not 5:00. :)

      Hope you and SWMBO are doing well.

      Delete