Friday, December 1, 2017

Five Munute Friday: "Near" [40 Days of Gratitude: Day 10]




On the first day of December, my brain said to me "Hey!  It's
DECEMBER!" 

And I didn't even get a partridge in a pear tree. 

Each day that passes means that Christ's return is nearer.  At present, every day that passes means that Christmas is near.  I'm thankful for all the celebrations and service projects in which I have the honor of participating. 

Each day that passes means that the new year is near.  As I told my mentor, this year is the first time in a long time that I have joy in the present while having hope for future.  There's so much I want to get done in the next month; even more to accomplish in the next year.

Today, I am thankful for the hope of "near."

-----
Prompts provided by Mrs. Kate over at Five Minute Friday.

2 comments:

  1. Happy that you are looking forward with joy! I have been thinking about Christmas too.
    Have a great weekend! I'm you neighbor at FMF.

    ReplyDelete