Monday, September 25, 2017

Watching and Waiting: The Simple Woman's Daybook

If you would like to join in and post your own Daybook, please head on over to visit Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today:  Monday, September 25 , 2017
 

Outside my window  Cool and rainy skies.  Fall is definitely in the air.

I am thinking...  about the Bible study I'm involved in at my new church.  It's called Proven by Jennie Allen.  Because of the high probability of starting a new job, I won't be able to finish the study. However, I am gleaning everything from the study I can.  It's based on the book of John and focuses on Christ's sufficiency amidst our insufficiency.  Sure, it sounds like a cliché, but this study is anything but 8 weeks of trite Christian phrases.  It's also not a mommy-central study; it really does hit to the heart of everyone.  Many of us at some point in our lives, feel like we have something to prove.  The problem is when we feel that we have to prove the things that Christ's sacrifice have already proven out.  I'm just as guilty; I try to prove my worth when the blood of Jesus has already shown my value.  I work way too hard to try to be something I already am, to earn something I already have.
 
I am thankful...  for God's grace, favor, and provision.
 
From the Workshop...

(Photo courtesy of Joyce Daley at From This Side of the Pond)

So, my big crochet project is now finished.  Mrs. Joyce chronicled her and her sweet husband's home build out on the lake.  They have moved in and have shared many enjoyable (and some not so enjoyable) moments from living in their dream home.  I stitched this afghan as a housewarming present.  That's why I couldn't share it earlier.  Thanks, Joyce, for doing me the honor allowing me to create for you.

I am reading...

Currently off the shelf (among the pile):

Side Hustle by Chris Guillebeau


The Turquoise Table by Kristin Schell

Talk to Me by Lynette Hagin. 
 
Books I've finished since my last Daybook:
  • Your Best Life Now by Joel Osteen.  My review is here.
  • I May Be Wrong, But I Doubt It. by Charles Barkley.  My review is here.
  • Whatever Tomorrow Brings by Lori Wick.  Book #1 of the Californians Series. 
  • As Time Goes By by Lori Wick.  Book #2 of the Californians Series.
  • Sean Donovan by Lori Wick.  Book #3 of the Californians Series.
  • Donovan's Daughter by Lori Wick.  Book #4 of the Californians Series.
I am learning...
  • My car problem may not be the gas, but we still don't know exactly what it is.
  • I'm cat/house sitting for a friend.  Today, I learned how to scoop clean a litter box.  It wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be.
Favorite Quotes of the Week...

"E-mail, telephone, and alcohol are the three primary ways people get brave." - Charles Barkley

"If someone has the power to offend you, they have the power to control you.  Forgive and LIVE in freedom . #grace "- Jeremiah Johnson, Pastor, GracePoint Church, Georgetown, KY.

"I've been doing art since I was young."  - Beatrix Rim, age 5.

I am looking forward to...  new possibilities.

And now for something totally different...

Five Minute Friday Word of the Week:   Accept








9 comments:

  1. Haha! Bea...! ;) Looking forward to your new possibilities, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the other night when she and Eleanor were coloring, she said that. I had to turn my head to keep her from seeing me laughing.

      Delete
  2. rofl LOVE the hay photo...Iv seen things like this here in North Texas LOL
    Oh LOL Hi, I am a New follower here ,I found you over at thesimplewoman, Thank you for the laughs :-)

    Blesings Renee @ https://thereisbeautyingrace.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh LOL Iv done the parking space thing before LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol u have to. There are alot of crazies lol determined to get the spot . Lol love how they will drive around 10 min just to get one space closer lol

      Delete
  4. It felt like a sweet visit with a friend reading your daybook today!Love your book list, always looking for new books to read

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Pat. Glad you stopped by. Hope to see you again.

      Delete