Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Animal Farm: The Weekly Hodgepodge


Join the fun! 
Come on over to 
for the Hodgepodge link-up!
What pets did you have while growing up? Tell us a little something about them.

I had a few goldfish in a tank at one point.  They lived a short while.  I gave up after flushing the last one to the Mississippi.  I was given a couple of finches when I was in high school.  They were fun to have...until trouble started.  The male pecked the female to death and stomped the eggs she'd laid.  A few weeks later, he died.  It's just weird, I'm good with animals.  Apparently, I'm better at keeping other people's pets than maintaining my own.

What is one thing you absolutely must accomplish today?

Nothing.  I had no "have-to-do's" today (Tuesday).

Where were you ten years ago? What were you doing there?

I was back in JackVegas.  I had just "retired" from teaching preschool, and was seeking a new job. 

September 26th is National Dumpling Day. Did you celebrate? Apple dumpling, xiao long bao (steamed Chinese dumpling), chicken and dumplings, pirogi, matzoh balls, or gnocchi...which dumpling on this list would be your dumpling of choice? Have you ever made homemade dumplings of any kind?

Didn't know there was a National Dumpling Day to celebrate.  Chicken and dumplings would be on my list.  I've tried to make them, but wasn't successful.  May be a dish I'll try to make again when I've got my own place.

'There are two kinds of adventurers: those who go truly hoping to find an adventure and those who go secretly hoping they don't.' William Trogdon
So which kind are you?

It depends.  I don't mind good adventures.  Now, unpleasant surprises?  I'm not very fond of.  I've had enough of both this year.  I need some calm normalcy for a while.

Insert your own random thought here.

Well, it's official, I was offered one of the job positions I was up for.  I go for orientation tomorrow (Wednesday).  I also got my car back today (Tuesday).  The problem wasn't the gas; it was a faulty old as Methuselah crankshaft position sensor.  I believe it will now run well until I can get something newer.  Again, God provides!

2 comments: