Saturday, September 30, 2017

Rocky Mountain High: The Simple Woman's Daybook

If you would like to join in and post your own Daybook, please head on over to visit Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today:  Saturday, September 30 , 2017
 

Outside my window  Today, Annie's family took me on a nice hike at Dedisse Park up in the mountains in Evergreen, Colorado.  The views around the lake were gorgeous.






I am thinking...  
  • I'm considering doing the 31 days of 5 minute free writes this year.  My mind is in a much better place than the other times I've participated.  Slide on over to my sister blog tomorrow, October 1st, for the first entry.  The plan is to complete each entry based on one of my art pieces.
  • I'm thinking about my new job and what it will be like.
  • I'm pondering the subject matter of my new Pastor's podcast Discipled by Jesus.  After four episodes, I'm still completely lost.  I don't think it's him;  Hopefully, when I hear the next episode, something will click. 

I am thankful... 
  • For my new job.
  • Thankful that I've gotten my car back and that the repair was relatively inexpensive.
  • Thankful for my nine year chip at Celebrate Recovery.  Although I'm not an integral  part of the program anymore, I still live the principles and collect my yearly chips when I can.  Blessedly, my new church has a CR.

From the Workshop...

Found a really cute crochet boot cuff pattern.  It works really well for knee high boots.  I managed to convert it to an ankle boot pattern also.  I'm thinking of selling them for about $10 a pair.  If you want a pair, let me know what size and color at auntiesworkshop@outlook.com.


I am reading...

Currently off the shelf (among the pile):

Side Hustle by Chris Guillebeau


The Turquoise Table by Kristin Schell

Talk to Me by Lynette Hagin. 
 
I am learning...
  • Once I move, I really want a Keurig.  Where I'm house/cat sitting has one, and I'm enjoying being able to brew one cup of coffee or tea at a time.

Favorite Quotes of the Week...

I'll just leave this here.

I am looking forward to... 
  • Church tomorrow.
  • Starting my new job Monday.
  • Bible study on Wednesday at work.
  • Finding a place to live closer to my job.  Distance isn't the problem; traffic is.  It takes me an hour or more to travel the 17 miles to and from work.  Not an efficient use of my time...or nerves.
 
And now for something totally different...

Five Minute Friday Word of the Week:   Depend






No comments:

Post a Comment