Friday, September 8, 2017

Five Minute Friday: "Work"



Work in progress.
Working on it.
Slow Men Working
Work out.
Work it, girl!
Worked over.
Hi-Ho, Hi-Ho, it's off to work we go.

Ephesians 4:28 - (KJV) Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labour, working with his hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth.

Years ago, my entire paradigm on work shifted when this scripture was brought out in a message I was listening to.  My goal for work isn't to simply get by with just enough for me.  God has a much bigger plan for work than that. I should be able to live well enough on my wages and have plenty to give.

For years, I barely eked out a living at low wage, low hour jobs.  The one time I had a fairly good paying job, it was the worst job environment I'd ever been in.  I had nothing to give of myself, plus not much to give to help anyone else.

I'm in a new environment with new opportunities, and a new outlook on work and life.  I've actually got a job interview Monday.  If I get this job, it will be a big step in the right direction.  I look forward to the Lord showing me creative ways to give out of my work.
-----
Prompts provided by Mrs. Kate over at Five Minute Friday.

2 comments:

  1. I pray you get this job. May God give you peace and open the right doors for you. God bless you. Tanya xx

    ReplyDelete