Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Here Chickie, Chickie: The Weekly Hodgepodge


Join the fun! 
Come on over to 
for the Hodgepodge link-up!
When you think about your future what do you fear most? Hope for the most?

Oh gracious, how much time to you have?  This new adventure has been a load of fun, however, fear of failure still niggles in the back of my mind.  I keep reminding myself that God wouldn't have sent me 1,400 miles across the country to fail since I was doing a bang-up job of it back home.  And yet, I have such hope for the future.  God has already shown His provision through the trip.  He's already brought me community through the new church family I've found.  I'm being well taken care of.  I need to keep trusting that He'll continue taking care of me.  The job market is very hopeful.  There's plenty of jobs; it's just finding the right one for me.

September is National Chicken Month. How often is chicken on the menu at your house? What's a favorite dish made with chicken? What's something you're a 'chicken' about doing or trying?

My chicken stir fry
I'm from the South, so eating chicken is kind of a requirement for citizenship.  I usually eat chicken several times a week.  I've got several tasty dishes I make from chicken:  chicken salad, chicken stir fry, and lemon pepper chicken strips top my list. 

Speaking of chicken, did you see my painting?

I'm chicken about the project I'm asking for your feedback about in the "random thought" section.

What are three things you don't own but wish you did?
  1. A house.
  2. A newer car
  3. All the books on my Amazon wish list...and then some.
Would you rather be a jack of all trades or a master of one? Elaborate.  If you answered one, which one?
 
It depends.  I like learning new things.  Being versatile keeps me from getting bored, and gives me more opportunities in the workplace.

Ketchup or mustard? On what?
 
Ketchup - French fries.
 
Mustard - hot dogs, bologna sandwiches, spicy mustard on subs, regular mustard in my potato and chicken salad.  HOWEVER, I do not like them made with only mustard.  Mayonnaise is the primary condiment for that.  Honey mustard on chicken nuggets.
 
Both - Hamburgers

Insert your own random thought here.

I need a little constructive feedback from y'all.  If you don't mind, read about it here.

2 comments:

  1. I'm not much help in the Podcast department, but I do listen to some on occasion. I think it's wide open and you can pretty much do what you want. The technology throws me a little but I'm sure you can figure it out. In other news...my afghan arrived just a few minutes ago and IT'S BEAUTIFUL!!! Oh it's so lovely and the colors are perfect in my house. I will post a picture in next week's Hodgepodge : ) Thank you so much. It was so very thoughtful and I'm actually sitting with it on my lap as I type this comment. Good luck with the job hunt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Joyce. I'm so glad you like it. It was an honor to make it for you.

      Delete