Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Gas Treatment: The Weekly Hodgepodge

Join the fun! 
Come on over to 
for the Hodgepodge link-up!
Is a picture worth a thousand words? Elaborate.

Depends on the picture, doesn't it?  Pictures without context can say so many things with the interpretation in the eye of the beholder.  Giving some context would help a viewer understand the message behind the picture.

Have you ever driven any part of the Pacific Coast Highway? If so what was your favorite stop? If not, is this sort of trip on your bucket list?

No, I haven't.  I would enjoy seeing the Pacific Coast, however, I'm not interested in any more long drives for a while.  I wouldn't mind flying into San Francisco and letting someone else drive the tour.

How do the changing seasons affect you? As the seasons change do you find yourself looking more forward or backward? Which season-season transition bothers you most? Why do you suppose that is?

I've done a lot better about finding the beauty and joy of each season and not letting the change bring me down.  I look forward to fall and to Christmas.  The only transition that concerns me is winter.  This will be my first winter in Colorado.  I know when it snows it will be beautiful, but y'all know we Southerners don't drive well in snow--we don't get enough experience.  My friends have told me that it's a drier snow, that the whole town won't shut down, and that the city is more than prepared to deal with it.  Still, I hope to find housing near enough to my job so that if I don't want to drive, I can just walk.

It's your birthday and you get to pick the dinner menu. What are we having? Do you ever lie about your age?

Appetizer:  Spinach dip, veggies and chips
Main Course:  Voodoo Pasta from Effina's in Jacksonville
Dessert - Red Velvet cake and Butter Pecan ice cream.
Post meal beverage - Welch's Red Sparkling grape juice.

No, I don't lie about my age.  Getting older doesn't bother me.  Like my mom, I don't look my age and I try never to act my age.  #BlackDontCrack

What's a life lesson you've learned recently?

I learned that the lowest grade of gasoline is not 87 octane like at home.  It's 85, which I'd never heard of until I got to Colorado.  I also learned the hard way that my car does NOT like 85 octane.  I'm trying to burn up a tank of cheap gas I bought when I first got here.  My poor car sounds like a lawn mower with a chest cold.  I've used gas treatment and cleaners to help the Auntie Mobile, so she's running roughly, but still running.  Hopefully a tank of good 87 octane will set her right again.  God has to hold all this together until I can get something newer.

Insert your own random thought here.

Y'all, I'm on the verge of gainful employment!  Please agree with me that God will give me a clear path and answer to what job to choose.

Another of God's blessings is the church community He's sent me to.  The three worship services I've attended have been great.  I'm already involved in a ladies' Bible study until I start work.  This weekend, the church is having a community day where they go to different areas of the city and church to help others with building projects, cleaning projects, and yard work.  We'll see how I can help.

6 comments:

  1. Hi,
    I am stopping over from the Hodgepodge. I love the afghan you made for Joyce. What a lovely gift and random act of kindness.

    Sending prayers for your new job.
    And I am with you on Butter Pecan Ice Cream. I make my own and it is a family favorite.
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carla. Hmm...homemade butter pecan? Sounds yummy.

      Delete
  2. Visiting from the Hodgepodge. That afghan is gorgeous! Hope you get a job soon and that you love living in Colorado!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cathy. Yes, I'm really enjoying it. Let's hope I enjoy it just as much when winter comes. :)

      Delete
  3. I'm glad to hear the job prospects are looking good, and you're settling into a church home. That definitely helps a lot in a new city. Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Joyce. Yes, having a good church community is definitely a comfort.

      Delete