Friday, September 15, 2017

Five Minute Friday: "Support"



Support Hose
Support Bra
"Thank you for your support." - Bartles and Jaymes commercials
"Support the Fort" - slogan to try to stop the closure of Fort McClellan, AL in the 90's.  Unfortunately, it didn't work.
Love and Support
Support beams
Support group
Support system

James 5:16 - (AMP) Confess to one another therefore your faults (your slips, your false steps, your offenses, your sins) and pray [also] for one another, that you may be healed and restored [to a spiritual tone of mind and heart]. The earnest (heartfelt, continued) prayer of a righteous man makes tremendous power available [dynamic in its working].

The word support best sums up all that has happened the past few months.  In preparation for my trip out west, many of my friends supported me with gifts, money, prayers, and words of encouragement.  Their support continued as a made my way from state to state, sending and receiving text messages and Facebook posts all along the way.

Now, I have been in Colorado exactly one month and my support system holds firmly.  As I enter into the next phase--employment, moving, and setting up my new digs, I will still need help and support from others.  Whether it's a helping hand to lift or put together furniture, or advice, encouragement, and prayers, my support team will still be a loving part of my life.  I look forward to seeing what God will do.
-----
Prompts provided by Mrs. Kate over at Five Minute Friday.

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it sweet that God provides a community to support us?

    ReplyDelete