Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Junebug: The Weekly Hodgepodge

Want to join the party?  Come on over to From This Side of the Pond  for the Hodgepodge link-up!


I read here a list of 13 things you should do in June. I'm paraphrasing a little but basically...Go on a road trip with your best friend, pick fresh strawberries, host a garden party, take a morning run, treat yourself to a flower bouquet, spend a whole day hiking, discover a new coffee shop, try a new ice cream flavor, read at least one book, visit a Farmer's Market, make a swing for your home, and visit a new city... Which thing on the list do you most want to do? Of the activities mentioned, which one holds the least appeal? How many on the list will you attempt in June? What's one thing you'd add to the list?
Picking fresh strawberries was actually on my list, but the friend who said that we would go together (it's in an unfamiliar place, so I couldn't go alone) conveniently forgot she said she would, but posted social media pictures of her going with someone else.
I hope to get a book or two read this month.  I would also like to treat myself to a flower bouquet, but I suppose others would think it was self serving and tacky, but I might do it anyway.
The list is wonderful, but other than reading and buying the flowers, everything requires someone else for either mental health or safety reasons.  In other words, what fun is doing all this stuff alone?  And is it safe? 
What's something you could do today to feel more peaceful?
Sleeping.
June 7th is National Chocolate Ice Cream Day. Are you a fan? Swiss mocha, rocky road, chocolate chocolate chip, peanut butter and chocolate, or a dish of plain chocolate...what's your pleasure?
I like ice cream, but I don't care for chocolate cream.  Now, I could swim through a tub of butter pecan ice cream.  
If you came with a warning what would it say?
"Contents under pressure."
What's the most interesting website you've visited in the last week? 
Can't really think of any new ones I've visited.
Spring, summer, autumn, winter...which season are you? Why?
Are you talking coloring, mood, or favorite?  In coloring, I'm a winter; deep royal colors look best on me.  My favorite season is spring; flowers, warm (but not hot) temperatures, and did I mention flowers make it a wonderful time of year.  Mood wise, unfortunately I'm a winter right now--a dark, cold, snowy, yucky, dreich, ugly winter.
"You lose sight of things...and when you travel, everything balances out." ~Daranna Gidel.  Would you agree with that sentiment? Explain why or why not.  
Don't call me stupid, but I don't even understand what this statement is supposed to mean.  Therefore, I can't really comment on it.
Insert your own random thought here. 
I'm in a dark place right now, so I'll just end this here.

No comments:

Post a Comment