Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Saturday's Child: The Weekly Hodgepodge

 Want to join the party?  Come on over to From This Side of the Pond  for the Hodgepodge link-up!


Tell us about one fun thing on your June calendar.
The Haley's team 5k on June 25th.  It's a nighttime 5k that I've done the past two years.  I finished 3rd from last the first year; dead last in 2015.  Not sure if my placing will be any better, but I'll give it a go.
 
How careful are you in the sun? Do you tan or burn? Do you make it a point to see the dermatologist every year? 
I'm darker skinned, so I don't have to worry about the sun as much as my lighter counterparts.  However, I am on medication that could cause serious issues if I've overexposed to sunlight.  I do tan, but I've only burned once. 
People actually see a dermatologist every year?  I've never seen one, but would like to.  I'd like to know if microdermabrasion would help the scars on my face.  I've got acne scars, brown spots from windburn, and a couple of scars from abscesses that I've had my mom burst with a needle before they took over my entire face.  For as much as my face has been through, my skin still looks very well.  A dermatologist visit might make it even better.  BUT that sounds like money.
Describe a time when you wanted to 'throw in the towel'? 
Every day is a struggle.  The past week has been even more so.  A few things have kicked off another battle with depression.  I have too many days where I want to quit life altogether.
What's a song you love that has a day of the week in the title or lyrics? 
 
 
Are you a fan of berries? Which one's your favorite? What's the most recent berry dish you've eaten? Which blueberry breakfast food appeals to you most-blueberry pancakes, blueberry yogurt, or a blueberry muffin? 
Yes, I love berries:  strawberries, blueberries, and blackberries.  I'm not a fan of raspberries; the seeds get caught in my teeth.  One of my favorite breakfasts is plain Greek yogurt with fresh berries and flax seeds.
What's something you want to do before your next birthday? 
Make something of my life besides a mess.
June 1st is National Say Something Nice Day, so let's all say something nice here. 
It's pretty outside.
Insert your own random thought here
 
 
Another song I like with a day of the week in the title.

No comments:

Post a Comment