Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Lose Your Quit Quest 13: The Weekly Hodgepodge

 Want to join the party?  Saunter on over to From This Side of the Pond  for the Hodgepodge link-up!


What's the last thing you did that could be described as 'taxing'?
I'm on the tail end of another brief but taxing bout of depression.  Long or short, depression takes it out of you.
If you could plant a garden of anything, what would be in it?
I look forward to having a chance to plant a garden.  I love both flower and vegetable gardening.  I would like to plant a huge perennial garden of bulbs that return every year.  I'd have everything from daffodils to gladiolus, roses to hydrangeas, and lilies of every kind.  I would like to experiment in my vegetable garden to try new plants.  I might also try my hand at herb gardening.
April 10-16 is National Library Week...will you celebrate with a visit to your nearest library? When did you last make a trip to the library? What are you reading right now? What's one title on your want-to-read list?
I won't be going to the library this week.  However, I did attend an impressive lecture on Shakespeare's Hamlet at the Houston Cole Library (on JSU's campus).  Plus, I plan to partake of the bargains at Jacksonville Public Library's book sale on April 30th, and Anniston Public Library's book sale May 7th.
It's been a few months since I've travelled to the library, however, I did check an audio book out of an online library.  Currently, I'm reading several books including 3 devotionals, the New Living Translation of the Bible, books by Lewis Grizzard and Dr. Phil, and a couple of books by Beth Moore.
Share a saying or an old wives tale you heard while growing up, you believed to be true or that you paid attention to 'just in case'?
None that I can think of.
Are you a fan of onions? Garlic? Ginger? What's a dish you love that contains one, two or all three items listed?
Yes to all three.  I don't have a particular dish I use all three in, but I have taken to using a good bit of ground ginger and garlic in my chicken and vegetable stir fry.
Where does nurturing end and indulging begin? What are some skills or qualities you think a person needs to possess in order to be viewed as mature?
If someone grows up never hearing the word "no," there's a problem.  On the subject of maturity, click here.  Have fun.
What leading figure in any field would you like to hear speak, and why?
  • Financial guru Dave Ramsey - I've been a student of Financial Peace University for nearly a decade, but I've never gotten to see Dave live.  I would love to have a Q & A session with Mr. Ramsey.
  • Minister Kenneth Copeland - His message is solid, plus, he just tells it like it is. 
  • Author and Bible teacher Beth Moore - Like Joyce Meyer, she seems to read my mail.
  • Fitness Trainer Bob Harper - I need all the help I can get.
  • Food maven Paula Deen - She's made healthy alternative recipes for many of my favorite foods.  I not only want to hear her speak, but would like to take a cooking class (or two) from her.
Insert your own random thought here.
Picking up the Lose Your Quit Quest:
Step 13:  Find a who ahead of you. 
I have many inspirational people who are ahead of me on this quest.  However, they are not accessible; they are only to be admired from afar.  In checking around locally, I see many people who are ahead.  Unfortunately, they don't have time for those who are behind.  What's even more disturbing is that people who are at the same level don't have time for others in the same boat.  So, the quest for community continues.

4 comments:

  1. I've heard Beth Moore in person and she's a terrific speaker and teacher. I'd like to have a session or two with Bob as my trainer. He has the right combination of kind firmness. I'm sorry you've been struggling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beth Moore is a mess and love her for that.

      Yes, as much as I like Jillian Michaels, Bob is a better choice for me. I don't need someone to yell at me to get it done.

      Yes, I'm dealing with the ole melancholy again. I hate it. It simply comes out of nowhere. Maybe the fact that the bout was brief is a good sign. **fingers crossed**

      Delete
  2. Sorry to hear about your Braves. I'm sure they'll get better. Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment.

    ReplyDelete