Thursday, April 7, 2016

Lose Your Quit Quest 07

Step 7:  Fight for Community

My word for this year (and maybe next year) is the word community.  From a post earlier this year:
Speaking of reminiscing, two years ago, I was asked by Annie, my sister-in-blog if I could chose one word for your coming year, what would it be?  I chose the word metamorphosis.  It is happening, but very slowly.  I think I need to chose another word: Community.  I realize that if I'm going to complete the metamorphosis and be all that I'm called to be, I'm going to need to have the help of community.  I guess realize is the wrong word.  I've known this for a long time and had tried various methods to establish community, but none of them worked.  I blogged about it here and here, so I'm not going to rehash it here.  Getting well in community is a biblical principal, but after so much chaos, I tried to go it alone.
I cant.
I wish I could, but I can't. 
Photo via ClipartPanda
I have three close leaders who are praying for me, a wonderful mentor I speak with regularly, and the encouragement of my friends from the YMCA, the Journey Training and ARC.  However, these still feel distant to me.  There's a lack of closeness and intensity that I can't seem to shake.  Something is missing.  I still feel like I'm working on a DIY project and others are sitting back watching it go horribly wrong.  That's the best way I can describe it.
I don't know what the answer is, but I do know that community is at the crux of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment