Monday, April 4, 2016

Lose Your Quit Quest 04

Step 4:  Make it fun or it won't get done.

It's the "butt" crack of dawn; The sun has yet to be seen.

My first wave of members come into the YMCA.

Most are chipper and polite, but there's always that one...
Me:  "How are you today?"
That one:  **grumbles**  "I'll be glad when this is over." 
Kinda sad, isn't it?

Let me start with a caveat:  I didn't enjoy physical exercise until adulthood.  As a child, PE and recess weren't fun; they were a chance to get picked on or beaten up.  I never liked activities that others picked out for me;  I really got into it when I could pick out my own.  That's what makes it fun. 

Exercise can be fun:
  • Walking a couple of miles on the track while having stimulating conversation with a friend is fun. 
  • Riding a bike at your own pace while viewing the breathtaking scenery of the trail is fun.
  • Dressing up in a tutu and competing only with yourself at a 5k is fun.
  • Taking group classes like spinning are fun.  Notice I did NOT mention Zumba.
  • Singing, laughing, and trying to keep up with people 30 years your senior at Silver Sneakers is fun.
  • Doing your own workouts at home with your OWN music is fun.
So, how will you make your quest fun?

No comments:

Post a Comment