It's the "butt" crack of dawn; The sun has yet to be seen.
My first wave of members come into the YMCA.
Most are chipper and polite, but there's always that one...
Me: "How are you today?"
That one: **grumbles** "I'll be glad when this is over."Kinda sad, isn't it?
Let me start with a caveat: I didn't enjoy physical exercise until adulthood. As a child, PE and recess weren't fun; they were a chance to get picked on or beaten up. I never liked activities that others picked out for me; I really got into it when I could pick out my own. That's what makes it fun.
Exercise can be fun:
- Walking a couple of miles on the track while having stimulating conversation with a friend is fun.
- Riding a bike at your own pace while viewing the breathtaking scenery of the trail is fun.
- Dressing up in a tutu and competing only with yourself at a 5k is fun.
- Taking group classes like spinning are fun. Notice I did NOT mention Zumba.
- Singing, laughing, and trying to keep up with people 30 years your senior at Silver Sneakers is fun.
- Doing your own workouts at home with your OWN music is fun.