Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Frailty, Thy Name is Pollen: The Weekly Hodgepodge

Want to join the party?  Spring on over to From This Side of the Pond  for the Hodgepodge link-up!

 

What are two or three expectations you have of yourself?
  • I expect to do a good job on anything I undertake.  I get extremely frustrated when anything gets in the way of it happening.
  • I expect to be single the rest of my life.
  • I expect to continue to read and learn until I leave this earth.
In what way does your outdoor space need sprucing up this spring?
It needs an overhaul that I intend to start on as soon as I get the brakes fixed on my car.  I need some kind of table on the back stoop and to repair or replace the swing.  Both the front and back need flowers, windchimes, and decorations.  I've got ideas, but I've got to make sure it fits in the budget.  I've also got to hose off all the pollen before I can even get started.

According to this site (Roadtrippers), six of North America's most wondrous waterfalls are-Webster's Falls in Ontario, Upper Whitewater Falls in North Carolina, Havasu Falls in the Grand Canyon, Multnomah Falls in Oregon, The Lower Yellowstone Falls, and Niagara. Have you seen any on the list? Which one on the list would you most like to visit? Prettiest waterfall not on the list that you've seen in person?
All of those sound great, but they forgot about Noccalula Falls in Gadsden, Alabama.

Looking back, what's something you wish you'd done as a teenager?
So much regret.  Must we go there? 
Ham...yes please or no thank you? If you said yes please which of the following do you like best-baked ham with all the trimmings, a ham and cheese sandwich, prosciutto with melon, a ham biscuit, a bowl of split pea and ham soup, or a slice of pizza topped with ham and pineapple?
Baked ham with all the trimmings, but only on special occasions.
Are you typical of your generation? How so?
Absolutely not!  My peers and I are nothing alike.
April rolls in at the end of the week, and in keeping with that theme...'act the fool', 'nobody's fool', 'a fool's errand', 'could have fooled me'...which foolish idiom most recently applies to you? Explain.
Nobody's fool.  Lately I've run into too many people who assume I'm stupid and what I have  to say doesn't matter.  I'm used to it in everyday life; it's something to simply deal with...or not.  However, in a work situation, that can't fly.  My normal modus operandi of retreat and disappear will not get the job done and will only serve to keep me frustrated and unproductive.  At this point, I can't be a Golden Retriever, but I need to find my inner Lion. 
Insert your own random thought here.
At last!  I have completed my first book review of the year.  It's here.

6 comments:

  1. Because of no winter this year in MO, I have been struggling with the pollen for quite some time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a very mild winter here. I'm thankful for it. I'll also be very thankful when the pollen is gone.

      Delete
  2. After reading this week's HP answers I'm convinced there are beautiful waterfalls all across America! I love your post title. Pollen has been crazy here too, but we are having a downpour as I type, so perhaps it will help with that. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a bit of rain yesterday (Thursday), so hopefully that will wash some of the yellow away.

      Delete