Sunday, January 10, 2016

A Lil' Bougie: The Simple Woman's Daybook

If you would like to join in and post your own Daybook, please head on over to visit Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today:  Sunday, January 10, 2016
 

Outside my window …  Winter has come in with a fury...well a fury for Alabama anyway.

I am thinking...   about how to meet all the goals I have for the year.

I am thankful...  for growing strength and health.

From the Workshop...  Got some WIP's (Works in Progress) I'm working to finish.  Also made these flower coasters for this month's senior dance:



I am reading...  Started a new reading challenge for the year.  Read about it here.  Off the shelf:





I'm also reading the Bible this year in the New Living Translation.  I've always liked that version, but have never read it in it's entirety. 

I am learning...  Substitution rather than deprivation when it comes to food.  Instead of focusing on what I can't have/don't need, I try to find a good substitute. 

Favorite quote(s) of the week:

"My dad had taught me there are times in life when you just don't want to miss a good chance to shut up." - Dr. Phillip C. McGraw

"Don't live your life saying 'READY AIM AIM AIM'... Try something new to change your life, even if you might fail, TRY IT!" - Dave Ramsey

"He who thinks he leads, but has no followers, is only taking a walk." - John Maxwell

"Don't give the jerks a vote on how you live your life." - Jon Acuff

I am looking forward to...  Finishing up unfinished business.  I've got projects I started last year (which was only two weeks ago, BTW) that I want to complete before I start anything else.

One of my favorite things: 



My coworker introduced me to what we call "bougie water."  I'd never drank Perrier before, but was hooked with the first sip of a pink grapefruit flavored one.  The lime flavored aren't too bad either.  These will make a good substitute for when I want soda.  It's not the sugar I want from a soda, but the fizzy bubbles.  This beats 200 calories of nothing but sugar anytime. 






A peek into my days:

12/31 - I had planned to drink Champagne to ring in the new year (and celebrate the Tide in the Cotton Bowl), but at $11 a bottle for something I may not like and I'd have to drink it alone if I did, I felt this made a better choice.  I will say that the red grape sparkling juice is better, but the white wasn't bad.

01/01 - Rang in the first day of the year with a walk on the Weaver end of the Ladiga Trail.  I hope my selfies get better over the next year.

And now for something totally different...

Last year, I finished Anniston Runner's Club's Mile-a-Day challenge by the skin of my teeth.  This year, I attempted the two-a-day challenge.  Well, I started out strong, but bouts of depression and serious illness derailed my goals.   HOWEVER, I am happy to say that I finished 2015 with 434 miles.  No, I didn't meet my original goal, but I choke slammed my mileage from 2014. Here's to moving forward in 2016.
 
 
 
Workout of the Week:  One thing I want to do this year is to incorporate new fun workouts into my routine so I'm not doing the same thing all the time (and so I don't turn into a boring curmudgeon).  This week I'm going to try a Pound class.  Now, I've tried a class before and liked it, but it was abbreviated and it wasn't at our YMCA, so I didn't get the full effect.  There's one scheduled at a time when I'm not otherwise obligated, so I'll give a try.



From Facebook:
 
 
From Facebook:  MWhite shared:
 
 
From Facebook: Nerdgasm shared:
 
From Facebook:  MGetto shared:
Five Minute Friday Word of the Week:  First

Scripture of the week:  A fellow blogger suggested using Scripture Typer to memorize passages.  This week's verse:

Proverbs 18:9 - He who is loose and slack in his work is brother to him who is a destroyer and he who does not use his endeavors to heal himself is brother to him who commits suicide. (Amplified)

No comments:

Post a Comment