Wednesday, December 30, 2015

See You Next Year: The Weekly Hodgepodge

Want to join the party?  Go on over to From This Side of the Pond  for the Hodgepodge link-up!


Share a favorite memory/moment from the week of Christmas.
Christmas week started out very sadly.  My oldest brother, Melvin, passed away and we had his funeral on the 21st.  It wasn't all grieving and sadness though. 
One of the items on my 101 in 1001 list was to be a secret sister/pal for someone for a year.  This was something we did ages ago at my home church and I felt God wanted me to do this for someone at my new church.  Christmas day I revealed my identity to her.  We both enjoyed this year of secrets.  It was fun for her trying to find out who it was and fun for me trying not to give myself away.  That, our beautiful Christmas Eve service, and spending time with a couple of my nieces' and their kids were the highlight of my week.
If someone wrote a book about your life based on the past year, what genre would it fall under? What would the title be?
A horror novel called Aw, Hell Naw! by Steve Harvey.
It would be funny if it weren't so true.  This year was better than last year, but it still been a rough one. 
What made you feel patriotic this year?
Playing patriotic tunes with the Community Band at the Memorial Day weekend concert at the Community Center. 
What experience from this past year would you like to do all over again?
Riding the entire Ladiga Trail on my birthday.  I may do it again for my next birthday.
What song lyric sums up or is a reflection of your 2015?
I'm through with you.  I don't want to be your just for fun.  Don't want to be under your thumb.  All I want to be is DONE.
On a scale of 1-10 how would you rate 2015?  (10=stellar) Why?
I'd give it a 5.  Like I said, it was rough. 
What part of the upcoming year are you most excited about?
Trying again to get it right.  Hopefully new possibilities and opportunities.
Insert your own random thought here.
Happy new year, y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment