Sunday, December 27, 2015

The $30,000 Question: The Simple Woman's Daybook

If you would like to join in and post your own Daybook, please head on over to visit Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today:  Sunday, December 27, 2015
 

Outside my window …  After days and days of nothing but rain, we had a brief reprieve this weekend before it cranks up again tonight.  A day off from work and no worship team practice gave me a chance to get out on the Jacksonville end of the Ladiga Trail for a nice long walk.  The stream near the train depot was higher and running more briskly than ever.









I am thinking...   about goals for the new year.  Life goals, blogging goals, fitness goals, reading goals, you name it.  I'll get things down on paper this week and most likely start on some of it before the year starts.

I am thankful...  for safety during all the flash flooding we've had here in Alabama.  I'm thankful for the start of a new year.  I'm thankful for improving health and vitality.

From the Workshop...  After my long project, I took a short crafting break. I'll be back to it this week.
 
I am reading...  I finished Good News of Great Joy by John Piper.  The review is here.  Got just a few more days to finish up a couple of books, then a whole new challenge will start.  I haven't decided what to call it yet, but when I do, I hope you'll join me.
 
I am looking forward to...  The new year.  It's like a fresh page to write or a blank canvas to paint.  I'm looking forward to the new 5k race season.  None of the dates have been set for the races I'm thinking of doing, but I think my first race will be the Parker Memorial Pancake Run in March.  The next couple of months will be for training and getting my mind right.
 
And now for something totally different...

I'm often told that I don't sell my art for enough (generally by people who never purchase it).  I suppose now I should add my friendship to the list of things I sell too short.  I've been reading articles and blogs by respected leaders.  I've got great respect for people like Dave Ramsey, John C. Maxwell, and Joyce Meyer.  I'm still having trouble relating to Jon Acuff and because of this, I'm seriously wondering about Michael Hyatt...or maybe I should wonder about myself.  This guy can actually get away with basically selling his friendship for $30,000?  Dang, if I just charged $500 a head for everyone who claims my friendship, I'd be out of debt in no time.  Of course, they wouldn't be my friend for long if it cost them $500, much less $30,000.  Am I missing something?


From Distractify.com: 25 Hilarious Tweets from 'Explain a Film Plot Badly' Hashtag.

From Twitter:  @JonAcuff tweeted:  "How do you know you're a student pastor? You're preaching on the Sunday after Christmas."

From Twitter:  @ChrchCurmudgeon tweeted: "If your preschooler sings 'Death Star in the sky looks down where He lay,' you've been talking about Star Wars too much."

From Facebook:  D.Havens shared:


From YouTube:  A New One from the Southern Women Channel:  Warning, this one is a little more risqué than they normally are.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment