Saturday, October 24, 2015

31 Days of 5 Minute Free Writes 24: "Silence"


Job 7:11 - “Therefore I will not keep silent;   I will speak out in the anguish of my spirit,  I will complain in the bitterness of my soul."
 
GO!  

"Silence has lease."

"Silent Night, Holy Night."

The Sound of Silence.

Silent as the grave.

Silence.  It can be as refreshing as a long warm shower, or as deafening as a child's high pitched scream.  I am longing for silence, yet I'm bothered by the silence that is present.

When I want to sleep, I can't find quiet, silent rest, not even at night.  When I'm with friends and I try to join the conversation, the silence of the vacuum would only be disturbed if a cricket sound effect played in the background.  I am in a silent vacuum I can't get out of.

Some days I want the silence to hear myself think.  Sometimes there so much silence that what I'm thinking is too loud.  I'm longing for the silence that is light and rest, not the silence that is a clamorous darkness.

STOP!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment