Friday, October 23, 2015

31 Days of 5 Minute Free Writes 23: "Joy"


 
GO!  

I've got the joy, joy, joy, joy down in my heart...

My pride and joy...

There's joy in the journey...

Happy, happy, joy, joy... (If you watched Ren and Stimpy in the 90's, you get that reference.)

And now we are so happy, we do the dance of joy... (If you watched Perfect Strangers in the 80's...)

"If satan can't steal your joy, he can't keep your goods." - Jerry Savelle

The joy of the Lord is my strength.  (Nehemiah 8:10)

I write these things that your joy may be full.  (I John 1:4)

The fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace... (Galatians 5:22)

What is joy?  They say that joy and happiness aren't the same thing.  OK, technically they are not, but truly joyous people are happy and vice versa.  Sure, there's false joy and happiness--the kind designed to keep everyone else "up" and not bum them out.  But true joy?  Ah, true joy can't be squelched easily.  True joy is within; not simply without.

I think I'm going on a hunt.  I think I'll start hunting for daily things that bring me joy, that make me smile, that make me feel alive (if not but for a moment).  Walking around in a state of dark depression is like the walking dead, but eating brains won't help any. 

Lord, may I activate the fruit of joy that Your Spirit provides that I may awaken from this zombie-like existence.  Amen.

STOP!
 

2 comments:

  1. Your post made me smile! I appreciate the joyous sentiments you included. Isn't it something that we can be joyous even when things stink. Have a fabulous Friday!

    ReplyDelete