Sunday, October 25, 2015

31 Days of 5 Minute Free Writes 25: "Crash"


 
GO!  

I've had some great crashes in my life:

The crashing of a tiny preschooler's body against my leg, wrapping her arms around me for a hug. 

The thunderous crash of cymbals with the crack and rumble of drums on the marching field during halftime.

The crash of the waves at the gulf and the ocean.

I need some more of these crashes.

I think about the bad crashes going on in my life right now and wonder how I can pick up all these shards of what should have been and let God remold them into what can be.

Yesterday, I heard in several sermons the same theme:  No matter what the circumstances, God can be glorified.  I do not believe for one second that the Lord sent the crashes in my life (they are the results of mine and other's bad choices), but I've got to hang on to the hope that He can still make something out of it--out of me.

STOP!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment