Tuesday, October 13, 2015

31 Days of 5 Minute Free Writes 13: "Patience"



Galatians 5:22-23 - But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

GO!  


When I clicked over to Bible Gateway to copy the above scripture, this one was on their home page:

Jeremiah 29:11 (MSG) - I know what I’m doing. I have it all planned out—plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for.

I've heard that scripture in nearly every English Bible version there is over the nearly 30 years of my Christian life.  When I ask about it, the answer is always "wait."

Wait?  For what?

I've waited for almost 30 years and have never seemed to get it right long enough to get to the hopeful future God has for me.

So, I'm just supposed to patiently wait while others get what they need and are taken care of.  I'm supposed to be a vibrant witness of grace and patience as I see to the needs of others, but never have anything for myself.

If I were a mom, this line of thinking would be honored. Oh bless your heart, you just give and give.  You need some "me" time.  Since I'm not, I'm just selfish and demanding.

Patiently wait?

Just WHAT am I waiting for?

A bolt of lightning out of the sky?  Nothing good comes out of that.
A knight in shining armor?  They're only in Disney movies.
A rich relative to die?  We don't have any of those in my family.  Trust me.
Heaven?  Maybe.

I was reminded again today that I'm supposed to be patient.  IE:  Put up with whatever crap is dished out to me and eat it with a big spoon and a smile.  I'm not to have any needs or show any weakness or unauthorized emotion.  And no, this was not at work.  Thank God.  If it were, I could quit. I can't quit life...or can I?

Patience?

My Lord, what kind of a life is this?

Proverbs 13:12 - Hope deferred maketh the heart sick: but when the desire cometh, it is a tree of life.

STOP! 

No comments:

Post a Comment