Monday, October 12, 2015

31 Days of 5 Minute Free Writes 12: "Storm"



Mark 4:37-42 - And there arose a great storm of wind, and the waves beat into the ship, so that it was now full.
38 And he was in the hinder part of the ship, asleep on a pillow: and they awake him, and say unto him, Master, carest thou not that we perish?
39 And he arose, and rebuked the wind, and said unto the sea, Peace, be still. And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm.
40 And he said unto them, Why are ye so fearful? how is it that ye have no faith?
41 And they feared exceedingly, and said one to another, What manner of man is this, that even the wind and the sea obey him?
 

GO!  

I like a good thunderstorm. No, not the kind that causes damage and power outages.  The kind with a steady pounding of rain, brilliant flashes of lightning, and the gentle roll of thunder.

"I see the stars.  I hear the rolling  thunder... Then sings my soul. my Savior God to Thee:  How great Thou art!  How great Thou art!"

Those kind of storms are comforting, relaxing blips in the sunshine.  Those storms send me to a cup of tea or coffee and a favorite book, a crochet hook, or a paint brush.  Stormy weather is also good napping weather.  There is rest in that type of storm.

I don't like damaging, frightening, dreadful storms.  Not in weather, and not in life either.

Sometimes I like to sit at the glass doors and watch the rain and the lightning show in the back yard.

I wonder how people take pictures of lightning flashes.  How do they know when and how to snap in time?

STOP! 



No comments:

Post a Comment