Sunday, October 11, 2015

31 Days of 5 Minute Free Writes 11: "Rest"


Hebrews 4:9 - There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God.
 

GO!  

Rest.

What is it?

I've not felt rested in a long time.  I've thought about how I can have a vacation, or at least a decent stay-cation.  I'm not sure how to pull it off without missing church.  Yes, hearing a good message is restful to the soul as it builds the spirit, but I have responsibilities at church that are anything but restful.  I need to take a Friday right after work and get away until Sunday morning to rest.  I need to be alone and not be on anyone else's schedule.

How do I rest without having to flee for the hills?

How do I stop feeling the stress of all that is going on long enough to rest?

Have I done enough in life to deserve some rest?

Waking up in the morning and feeling rested instead of tired would be nice.

I heard the phrase, "They'll be plenty of time to rest when we're dead."  I don't want to wait that long.

STOP! 

No comments:

Post a Comment