Saturday, October 3, 2015

31 Days of 5 Minute Free Writes 03: "Capture"


Capture - to take by force or stratagem; take prisoner; seize.

GO!

Captured, imprisoned, trapped, harnessed, without escape.  That's how I feel about my life some days.  I feel like I can't escape my fears, my mistakes, others mistakes.  Imprisoned in a life that is only going to teach others how not to live.  Trapped in other people's ideas of womanhood and value.  Where does it end?  How will I end it?

I wrote about the quest for freedom before.  I still haven't found it.  Still haven't found the answers to my dilemma.  Still haven't found the key to open my prison door and freely emancipate me from this hoosegow of darkness.

The word prompt made me think of a phrase in a song--I think.  "Captured by your grace."  It just kept playing in my head, but I could never get past the phrase to know what the rest of the song was.  I even Googled it and came up with nothing.  Maybe I'm just imagining things. 
 
STOP!

No comments:

Post a Comment