Friday, October 2, 2015

31 Days of 5 Minute Free Writes 02: "Family"


Oh, for the love!  Sigh.  Looks like these prompts are going to be a Mommy Bloggers dream but my emotional nightmare. 

GO! 



Family Ties.
 
"We are Family."
 
Sly and the Family Stone
 
What does it all mean?  Who decided that real family was only by blood?  I've seen "water" be thicker than "blood." 
 
Waiting....

Clock ticking...
 
Still waiting...
 
This one is so hard because I know I can't really write about it.  I'm not the only one to have dysfunction in my family.  I may be the only one honest enough to say so.  I will not know the joy of being in a close family or having a family of my own.
 
I read one of my sisters-in-blog's posts about how close she and her college friends were--close as any family.  I envy her.

STOP!

 Mercy!  Please!

3 comments:

  1. I can appreciate how hard this one was for you to write! But good job getting it done and good writing! Family doesn't have to be relation. Family is anyone who you can be close to - even if that is just one best friend. I hope you have, or can find, even that kind of family - a friend who can trust, a friend you can be real with, a friend for whom you don't always have to be "on" but can just be you and she or he will love you no matter what. That's all that family is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BTW, forgot to mention that I'm visiting over from Five Minute Friday. :)

      Delete
    2. Unfortunately, that's not what people want.

      Delete