Wednesday, January 28, 2015

White Frosting: The Weekly Hodgepodge

Want to join the party?  Go on over to From This Side of the Pond  for the Hodgepodge link-up!


When did someone last suggest you 'chill out'? Or, when did you last tell someone (or want to tell someone) to 'chill out'? Or, when did you last tell yourself to 'chill out'?
I have to tell myself that a lot.  I'm working to relax my constantly racing mind and working to stop taking things personally.  I'm also praying to figure out what is really important and to drop what isn't.  That will help me to chill out.
What most recently caused your heart to melt?
I had to look up what the idiom because I wasn't entirely sure what it meant.  I truly can't think of anything.  That's kinda sad, isn't it?  Well, maybe not.  Isn't this idiom about a lover melting the heart, or something your progeny does to melt your heart?  Not lamenting, just observing.  That's simply not something I have the right to experience.
"An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered." G.K. Chesterton.  Your thoughts? When did you last experience either an adventure or an inconvenience? How did you see it at first, as an adventure or an inconvenience?  Does it feel the same in hindsight?
Some "inconveniences" are actually divine appointments in disguise.  I've had people stop me in the store to talk.  If I'm smart, I stop my hurry and really listen.  People are lonely and hurting;  not brushing them off helped them connect with someone and helped me be a better listener and get to know people better.
Our CR leader sent us a video of a TEDx talk about how little moments you don't even remember have the potential to change someone's life.  I some of my inconveniences are those times.
A Wendy's Frosty, root beer in a frosty mug, or a frosted chocolate cupcake...of these three, which one is your favorite 'frosty' treat?
Neither.  Just give me some pain old buttered pecan ice cream.  Actually, don't give me any, but I do like it.
Would you say your life so far this year has been more like a circus or a symphony? Explain why.
A symphony badly in need of tuning...and a new conductor.
Since it's a 'snow day' here, what's your favorite song containing the word 'white'? 
 
 
Well, White and Nerdy by Weird Al Yankovic of course.  It's my life's theme song.
 
If you had to leave the city you currently live in, what would you find the hardest to leave behind?
The Chief Ladiga Trail.  Ain't nothing like it.
Insert your own random thought here.
Not sure what to write today.  I'm having one of those days where I feel like I've been beaten with a stick, but have no reason to.  I took Monday off from workouts and walked a pitiful 1.5 miles last night, so I have no reason to feel knackered (I love British slang), but I do.  It's not the weather; it's a bright sunny day.  Hopefully a short nap will fix it.

2 comments: