Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Meltdown Challenge: Day 10


All or nothing.  That's who I was.  If I couldn't do it right, I didn't want to do it at all.  I didn't mind adapting, but if I couldn't get the same results as everyone else, forget it.

The challenge asks us to work on small changes instead of an all or nothing total overhaul that may only last a day or two.  The thing that bothers me is that the other challengers are interpreting it as making cheat days OK.  I don't think that's it.  Even if it is, I can't do that.  I'm a recovering food addict.  Other addicts don't get cheat days; why should I? 

My friend Susan and I walked four miles on the Ladiga Trail today.  I can push harder and go further when I've got a partner.  I'm not going to sit around and wait on someone else, but having a workout partner is better than always being alone.

And so goes hump day.

No comments:

Post a Comment