Sunday, September 7, 2014

Weak in the Knees: The Simple Woman's Daybook

If you would like to join in and post your own Daybook, please head on over to visit Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today:  Sunday, September 7, 2014

Outside my window … OK, it's officially football season.  It should NOT feel like the inside of a dog's mouth outside.

I am thinking... about seeing my doctor again.  I just can't seem to stay well enough to have a string of productive days.  I still haven't caught up from when I was sick last time.  I hate making appointments other than check ups because usually the wait is so long that I'd either be well or dead by the time it rolls around.  Maybe making the appointment will help me snap out of it, quit whining, and get well.

I am thankful... for forgiving, encouraging friends.
 
In the kitchen...  Not much if anything.  I may have to go back to Gatorade and chicken noodle soup until I feel better. 

I am wearing... tank top and shorts.

I am creating...
 A baby set.  I've got both sewn and crocheted items.  I'll post pictures next week.  I should be finished by then.
 
I am going...  nowhere else today.  Church was great this morning.  We don't have practice this afternoon and since I didn't feel well enough to workout like I'd planned, I went home and slept for four hours.  Geez, Louise!
 
I am wondering... about how well I'm going to do reading ebooks.  I have several free ones and library checkouts on my laptop's Kindle app and some PDF books.  I guess there's only one way to find out.
 
I am reading...   I finished How to Have a Mary Heart in a Martha World by Joanna Weaver.  The review is here.  I'm reading Christian Beliefs by Wayne Grudem for Sunday school.  I'm also reading The Diva Principle by Michelle McKinney Hammond. 

I am hoping... this cycle of ridiculous sickness isn't permanent.

I am looking forward to...
running another 5k in November.  I think that's the soonest I'll be well enough and financially able to run one again.
 
I am learning
… that "Let go and let God" is not a Christian cliché when thoroughly explained and not just flippantly tossed around.  For me letting go means to let go of anger, bitterness, resentment and self loathing.  Letting God means letting God heal my heart of those issues and giving Him the reigns of my life to work on my defects of character

Around the house... I see so much that I want and need to do.  Maybe I'll feel up to it in the morning.  Gracious, this sickness is making me feel so lazy.  :(
 
I am pondering...  over today's Sunday school lesson.  The teacher mentioned the Ante Nicene Father documentation of many first generation and second generation disciples of Christ.  Many were protégés of the original twelve disciples.  I had no idea such books existed.  I'm very interested in reading the volumes.  That set will be added to my wish list.
 
A favorite quote for today...  From Sunday school today: "The purpose of the Bible is not to inform us, but to transform us."

One of my favorite things... Bubble gum.

A few plans for the rest of the week:   Sav-A-Life on Monday.  Eating lunch with my grandniece on Tuesday.  CR on Friday.  Working in the workshop.  Hopefully working out.  My friend, Michelle is throwing a bridal shower for her daughter Saturday.

A peek into my day...  One of the hymns we sang at first service:

 

No comments:

Post a Comment