Sunday, August 10, 2014

Howling at the Moon: The Simple Woman's Daybook

If you would like to join in and post your own Daybook, please head on over to visit Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today:  Sunday, August 10, 2014

Outside my window … Dusk is falling and I'm waiting to see if I can get a peak at the supermoon.

Praising God for…  A great time of discussion and laughter at Sunday School today.
 
In prayer for...  My Sunday School class: we have several who are either sick or have sick family members. 

I am thinking... about fall and how awesome it's going to be to get out on the Ladiga Trail.  I've been missing it, but it's been too hot and humid to be out there much.

I am thankful... for the blessed peace of thankfulness.  God has given me thankfulness as a healing balm to my soul.
 
In the kitchen...  Chicken and rice my friend Michelle made.

I am wearing... Black shorts and a white tank top.

I am creating...
 Christmas ornaments, setting up to do some sewing this week.  I've also started on a large writing project.  I'll keep you posted.
 
I am going... I'm working at the house tomorrow.  Tuesday I'll head to Sav-A-Life, the library, and to run errands.  Hopefully, I'll make it to community band practice.  I'll most likely stay at home until Friday's CR meeting, but who knows, some good mischief might find me.
 
I am wondering... if I can learn to braid my own hair.
 
I am reading... I'm in the home stretch of the two books I've been reading.  You'll see reviews soon.  I'll link them here when they're done. Link 1Link 2.

I am hoping...
for a good week, for craft sales, for open doors, and for a chance to be blessing to those I encounter.

I am looking forward to...
running another 5k race.
 
I am learning
… that sometimes being right isn't important enough to lose my peace over.

Around the house... Just found the perfect place to hang my dry erase board and cork board in the craft room.  I'm still working on settling and rearranging some stuff.  Still want to tame the front porch.
 
I am pondering...  over the art of thankfulness.
 
A favorite quote for today...  "I know they teach in seminary not to repeat your stories, but I'm only 29 years old.  I don't have enough good stories." - Will McGee, College Pastor, FBC-J'ville

One of my favorite things... Coca-Cola.  I know it's bad for me, but since I used to drink soda like water and now I only drink one or two a week (if that), I think I should be given a pass.

A few plans for the rest of the week:   Trying to find more local things in which I can get involved.  I know that JackVegas isn't that far from Weaver, but I want to explore the social possibilities of my new town.

A peek into my day...

Well, this is the best shot I could get of the moon.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment