Friday, August 8, 2014

Respect the Polygon: The Friday 5

Go over to http://f.riday5.com/ for the weekly prompts.
With the overhyping of the tropical storms off the coast of Hawaii and the "sideways tornado" hoax (to the chagrin of the world's best meteorologist, James Spann) storms are the focus of this week's Friday five.
  1. What does your storm preparedness stuff look like?  It looks like a flashlight and a seat in the hallway.
  2. What kinds of storms make you the most uncomfortable?  Snowstorms or ice storms.  We don't get them very often in the Deep South, but when we do, they're a doozy.  It's cold, the power goes off, I can't drive anywhere, and I can only eat so many PopTarts.
  3. What’s the longest you’ve ever gone without electricity, and what were the circumstances?  I've only been without power for a day or two at most.  Alabama Power is very good about getting things up and running again as quickly as possible.  I've been powerless because of severe thunderstorms, freezing weather, and drunk goobers ramming their cars into power poles .
  4. What’s the worst damage a storm has done to your dwelling?  My dwelling have not really suffered a lot of damage.
  5. What was the occasion for your last storming of the gates?  I'm not sure what this question is asking, so I guess my answer is never.

No comments:

Post a Comment