Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Have a Coke and a Smile: The Weekly Hodgepodge

Want to join the party?  Go on over to From This Side of the Pond  for the Hodgepodge questions.


July is National Anti-Boredom Month. When was the last time you were bored? What's your go-to cure for boredom?
Thankfully, I can say that I haven't been truly bored in a long time.  Even in boring situations, I've been able to entertain myself by turning on the sarcasm lobe in my brain.
What's the last thing you made a reservation for?
Does reserving my spot in a 5k race count?  If not, I don't think I've made reservations for anything.
What's one thing on your summer 'bucket list'? Any plans to make it happen?
No, unfortunately, I'm still in survival mode.  I look forward to being able to make plans like that.  I still have my 101 in 1001 list, and  I'll do my best to complete some fun items on it.
Wait, wait, wait.  I don't necessarily have to go anywhere for it to be meaningful.  How about reading more great books, decorating the front porch, spending more time on the front porch (I need some bug lotion), learn something.  Yes, I'd like to go to the beach or have a get together with my friends, but if I can't, I can make summer and fall great.  I need to plan a wonderful "staycation" at my new digs.  Hmmmmm..... 
What's your favorite summertime sip?
Iced tea and the occasional ice cold Coca-Cola,  If course, ice cold water always hits the spot.
What do you find is the best way to handle another person's hostility and hopefully ease the tension?
Crack a joke.  That usually works.  If someone is bound and determined to be a horse's rear end, there's not much hope other than answering their hostility with calmness.
Your favorite film set in summer?
Home Run.  It's a wonderful movie set during summer baseball season.  It's about a major league baseball player struggling with alcoholism who finds love and recovery.
What word are you using too much lately?
In my mind or out loud?  :)  I think I've been using the word tired too much.  Seems like I'm tired for no reason too much.  I'm not depressed or sick, and I'm working to get my workouts back to where they were months ago, so I'm not even doing my normal hard workout.  It doesn't make sense.
A close second are the words awesome and crap.  
Insert your own random thought here.
Christmas in July has kicked off at Auntie's Workshop.  I just finished up this Christmas tree skirt.


2 comments:

  1. The tree skirt is beautiful! I don't think I've seen the movie Home Run, so will have to look for that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Joyce. I enjoyed making it.

      I saw Home Run in the theater a couple of summers ago. It's out on DVD now. When you see it, let me know how you liked it. I cried at the end--and it takes a lot to make me cry.

      Delete