Want to join the party? Go on over to From This Side of the Pond for the Hodgepodge questions.
As I talked about in my Hodgepodge post "The Electric Mayhem," my senior year I traveled with my high school marching band to Washington DC. The only other school field trips I remember are going to the Space and Rocket Center in Huntsville, Alabama when I was in sixth grade, and going to the Alabama Shakespeare Festival in Montgomery, Alabama to see MacBeth soon after we got back from DC. I'm sure we went on other school field trips, but all I can remember are the trips I took with my Girl Scout troop.
What's something you're tired of seeing online?
- Advertisements - I can't even view most pages now without weeding through a mess of ads for stuff I don't care about.
- Duck lip photos - just stop. Y'all look stupid!
- Pictures of food - yes, I did post a couple of food pictures during the 30 day photo blog challenge, but I don't post every meal I ever eat, cook, or buy. What are people trying to prove with that?
- Pictures of dogs and cats.
- My losing scores on Words With Friends.
- Hateful memes.
- This is going to sound hateful, but I'm tired of seeing Bible based posts from someone one minute, then a meme full of the "n" word and the "f" word the next minute from the same person. What's up with that?
- The "if you don't share this, you hate Jesus, your mom, kids with cancer, puppies, kitties, Rick and Bubba, etc." Those make my middle finger twitch.
Well, none of those, really. So, I'll just show a picture of a rose. How's that?
When grilling outdoors do you prefer gas or charcoal? Who does the grilling at your house? What's the last thing you ate that was cooked on a grill?
I've never grilled with anything but charcoal. I haven't done any grilling for a long time. I hope to get a grill pan someday so I can do some pseudo grilling. The last grilled thing I ate was a blackened (burnt) hot dog someone made on Memorial Day.
Are you afraid of the dark?
Not in familiar surroundings. It's unfamiliarity that creeps me out, not the dark itself.
Share a favorite song with a number in it's title.
Won by One by Mylon Lefevre and Broken Heart
"Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves."(C.G. Jung). Do you agree? Why or why not?
I do agree. Zig Ziglar said, "Some of us learn from other people's mistakes and the rest of us have to be the other people." I don't mind learning from other's mistakes; I just don't like being the mistake maker others learn from.
Insert your own random thought here.
If you've enjoyed the pictures of the crafts I've made, go on over to my new blog Auntie's Workshop. Thanks.