Sunday, June 22, 2014

Crepuscular Trek: The Simple Woman's Daybook

If you would like to join in and post your own Daybook, please head on over to visit Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today:  Sunday, June 22, 2014

Outside my window … A light breeze, clear skies, and singing birds.  I want to take a nap so bad.
 
Praising God for…  Health and strength.
 
In prayer for...  Those who don't yet know Christ.  One of my friends whose sister passed away yesterday.

I am thinking...
about marketing strategies.

I am thankful...
for good ministers who preach the truth in love. 
 
In the kitchen...  Had a huge salad for lunch.  Will probably keep it light for dinner. 

I am wearing... Black pants and running shirt.

I am creating...
 Items for the workshop and for July's senior dance door prizes.
 
I am going... To worship team practice this afternoon, then to bed. 
 
I am wondering... about some weird skin rash/thing on my arm.  It looks like I've been burned, itches like ringworm, but it's too dry to be ringworm.  Who knows? 

I am reading...
 God is Not Mad at You by Joyce Meyer.  I'm also reading some running magazines a friend brought me yesterday.

I am hoping...
that I make some sales this week.

I am looking forward to...
playing with the community band at JackVegas' annual Independence Day celebration on July 3.  Speaking at Celebrate recovery on July 4th.
 
I am learning
… that marking time in life is just as boring as marking time in marching band.

Around the house... just a little tidying up.
 
I am pondering...  why certain people get a pass in life while others don't.
 
A favorite quote for today...

"If you want something sweet, order the pound cake. Anybody who puts sugar in the cornbread is a heathen who doesn't love the Lord, not to mention Southeastern Conference football." - Lewis Grizzard

One of my favorite things... Cute bags.

A few plans for the rest of the week:  Working in the workshop.  Sav-A-Life and band practice on Tuesday, Woodstock 5k training on Thursday, Celebrate Recovery on Friday.

A peek into my day...  I ran my first twilight 5k last night.  It was fun, but I still feel like I've been thrown down a flight of stairs.

Some of my zany friends from Sav-A-Life volunteered at the 5k last night.  They cheered me on at the one mile mark and made sure the booger bear didn't get me.  :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment