Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Sunny Girlfriend: The Weekly Hodgepodge

Want to join the party?  Go on over to From This Side of the Pond  for the Hodgepodge questions.


What summer activity most takes you back to your own childhood?
Bike riding.  During the summers of my childhood, I'd ride my bike everywhere; to the Eastwood center and pool, to vacation Bible school, and to the store.  Summer was the season of biking around the neighborhood pretending to be Wonder Woman, Batgirl, or the Duke brothers from Dukes of Hazzard
What's your favorite summer smell?
The smell in the air after a good summer rain.  The smell of barbeque makes me think of summer.
It's beach season in the US of A...so how do you feel about sand?
I think sand at the beach is wonderful.  I would love to go to the beach and learn to make a sandcastle.
Sun tea, SunChips, sunflower seeds, Capri Sun, Sunny Delight, Sun-Maid raisins, sun-dried tomatoes...your favorite food or beverage with sun in its name?
I really like SunChips.  Garden Salsa is my favorite flavor.
What's your favorite way to cool off on a hot summer day?
Get inside under the air conditioning with a cold drink (water, tea, or the occasional soft drink).
Share a favorite song with the word sun or sunshine in it's title.
 
 
Sunny Girlfriend by The Monkees
 
Tell us about a time you had an exceedingly good or truly awful customer service experience. If it was awful, did you report it? Ever go back there again?
I can't think of one particular negative incident, but it pains me that I usually have a bad customer service experience when I go to one of my favorite stores--Hobby Lobby.  It's just a shame that the helpers at a craft store don't know anything about their products--what they are or where they are in the store.  It's annoying, especially when I've memorized where things are just in time for them to rearrange the store.  I wish I could work there and really help customers.
One of the best customer service experiences was at a Quincy's Restaurant in Anniston, Alabama.  The waitress was a joy and she went way beyond the call of duty.  I went there several times--until I realized they pooled the server's tips.  This wonderful server's tips were being divided amongst mediocre and rude servers.  She eventually tired of it and quit.  I stopped eating there, and eventually the place shut down.  It's a Western Sizzlin' now (I think). 
Insert your own random thought here.
Played around with the baby dress pattern from last week and made some more accessories to go with it.  They fit a newborn/infant.  I sold one set and gave the other as a baby shower gift.  I also got me a new little dollbaby model.  I've named her Jasmine.

I've also been playing around with hats and removable accessories.  I've already sold three.

No comments:

Post a Comment