Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Eye On It: The Weekly Hodgepodge

Want to join the party?  Go on over to From This Side of the Pond  for the Hodgepodge questions.


What news story are you following right now?
I'm not a big newsy person.  I'm a trained journalist who hates what "reporting" has become.  I usually get all my news info from the internet and listening to Rick and Bubba.  However, I have seen the news story about author Maya Angelou passing away and that nut in California who killed several innocent people.  Both tragedies.
What's the last thing you wanted but didn't get?
A job.
May 28th is National Hamburger Day...when did you last have a hamburger? Other than your own kitchen or BBQ grill, where is your favorite place to go for a hamburger? And for all you non-meat eaters out there...when you're invited to a cookout what is the one side dish you hope is on the menu?
It's been more than a month since I've eaten a hamburger.  One of the best fast food restaurant hamburgers come from Jack's.  Theirs are like home style hamburgers.  Runner up is Sonic. In my opinion, the worst hamburgers come from Wendy's.  They're square, which screams "frozen, premade."  The best hamburger I've ever had was several years ago at the In and Out Burger near Lake Forest, California.  It may not have been the burger itself; could have been where I was, but whatever.  :)
How have your priorities changed over time?
No, I've been in survival mode for so long, it annoying.  But things are looking up.  It's just going to take a lot of hard work to get where I need to be.
What's a favorite memory with your grandparents?
The only grandparent I remember is my maternal grandfather.  He died when I was eleven years old, and I only saw him every once in a while.  We didn't have any one-on-one time like my other siblings, so I really don't have anything I can share.
On a scale of 1-10 (with 10 being fantastic!), how good are you at multitasking? Share an example.
On a scale of 1-10:  14.  Teaching preschool made me the ultimate multitasker.  I had a very large class, so I had to adapt to my environment.  I would be holding a crying child in my arms, another one would be on my back playing in my hair.  One who didn't want to sit with the other kids would be clamped onto one leg.  One would be pulling at my shirt asking if they can go pee.  One would be throwing up, while I was telling another to quit picking his nose.  All the while, a parent would be standing there asking me questions while the director would be handing me the phone to answer a call from someone I've told about 500 times not to call me at work, while the rest of the class was singing the "Roll Over" song at the top of their lungs for about the 20th time.  All this while maintaining my cherub-like disposition.  Lord, no wonder I greyed so early.
How would you summarize your highs and lows for the month of May?
The high point of the month was moving out of my apartment.  The low?  Mother's Day.
Insert your own random thought here.
 

Must keep myself motivated.

4 comments:

  1. I love reading your blogs! Thanks so much for sharing with us! Love ya crazy woman! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really enjoyed this post, good video.

    ReplyDelete