Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Wide World of Sports: The Weekly Hodgepodge

Want to join the party?  Go on over to From This Side of the Pond  for the Hodgepodge questions.


Are we always responsible for our actions? Are there any exceptions?
Yes we are responsible for our actions, but we also all need grace.
Has anyone from your home town become famous?
No one I know of actually from our town, but several famous people attended Jacksonville State University.  Heather Whitestone, Miss America 1995,  Randy Owen from the Country Music group Alabama, and author Rick Bragg.
January was National Slow Cooker month. Do you own a slow cooker/crock pot? Did you use it last month? What's a favorite dish you make using a slow cooker or crock pot?
Yes, I have a Crock Pot with the removable stoneware.  It's so much easier to clean that way.  I have a couple of chicken dishes I like to make, plus a good chunky vegetable soup.  I made chili in mine last week.
How do you feel about private companies collecting data about you?
Quite honestly, I find it scummy.  Besides, what are they going to do with it?
The Games of the 2014 Winter Olympics kick off with their opening ceremony this coming Friday....will you be watching? Which Winter Olympic event would you most like to see in person? Have you ever been to Russia? Any desire to go, Olympics or otherwise?
Nope, will not be watching.  I'm not really interested in the games anymore.  I love to watch figure skating when I was a kid, but now, the games just don't have any appeal to me.  Now, the start of major league baseball season, there's a different story.
Share a good or bad sports related memory from your childhood or teen years.
All of my good sports memories as a child revolve around playing snare drum at halftime during football season.  The bad ones revolve around P.E.  Hopefully, as I get continue to get my health in order, I'll make the good memories even better and the bad ones a distant memory I can laugh at someday.
What's a must have song for you on a work out play list? If you don't work out, run, swim, bike, walk, or anything else that could be construed as 'exercise', then what's a song that motivates you to at least get up off the couch?

Oh man, don't get me started!  On second thought, DO get me started:

Ignition by Toby Mac:  I scare people at the gym when this one comes on.
 
 
 2 Legit 2 Quit by MC Hammer helps me keep going.
 
 
Scottish Rite Temple Stomp by Craig Ferguson. I love running to this song.


Insert your own random thought here.
Got out on the bike trail a couple of days this week.  Did 13 miles yesterday and 12 today.  Now, they are predicting snow for this week.  Did I mention I live in ALABAMA?!  Snow? Again? Really?

A quiet respite spot just off the main trail. 

No comments:

Post a Comment