Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Help Wanted: The Simple Woman's Daybook

If you would like to join in and post your own Daybook, please head on over to visit Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook


For Today:  Tuesday, January 28, 2014
 

Outside my window … Cold, cold, and more cold.

Praising God for…  Answered prayer.

In prayer for... my career/job path.  Also in prayer for several friends who are ill or injured.

I am thinking...
about how to perform more simple acts of kindness.

I am thankful... for the upcoming warmer weather.

In the kitchen...
  Wanted to have my loaded omelet for breakfast, but am fighting nausea (not sure why), so I'm not eating anything right now.
 
I am wearing... Sweats.

I am creating...
watercolor paintings. 

I am going...  to Sav-A-Life, to get my taxes done, and hopefully to the gym. 

I am wondering...
why some companies institute insane hiring policies.  I applied for a job online where I had to take a personality test.  The questions made NO SENSE and had no right answers.  I was given no results of the "test," and, of course, wasn't even called in for an interview.  I don't even understand the point of the test; it doesn't determine if I know how to stock toilet paper on a shelf or not.  Sheesh!

I am reading...
Boundaries for Leaders by Dr. Henry Cloud

I am hoping...for warmer weather (yes, I know this is getting redundant, but it's COLD).

I am looking forward to... Getting back out on the trail with my bike.
 
I am learning
… if God's not in it, it ain't worth doing.

Around the house...  Staying warm.  Want to get my living quarters back to the serene place it used to be.

I am pondering...  more creative strategies for job hunting.  I do know this; the pressure laden, stress-filled, fear infused way I've been doing it the past two years is NOT working.  I'm a good worker and there is good job out there for me.  I will find it...or it will find me.

A favorite quote for today... 

Ecclesiastes 3:13 - And also that every man should eat and drink, and enjoy the good of all his labour, it is the gift of God.

Ecclesiastes 5:19 - Every man also to whom God hath given riches and wealth, and hath given him power to eat thereof, and to take his portion, and to rejoice in his labour; this is the gift of God.

One of my favorite things... Earl Grey Tea.

A few plans for the rest of the week:  Workouts, more job hunting, choir practice, WWF at Celebrate Recovery, and any other mischief I can get into.

A peek into my day...


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment