Friday, January 24, 2014

Five Minute Friday: "Visit"

Thanks to Lisa-Jo Baker at Five Minute Friday for the prompts.
 
 
GO!

I want to visit so many places.  God has given us such a beautiful world that I would like to see more of.
  • I'd like to visit New York and see the Statue of Liberty, the Empire State Building, the 9/11 memorial site, and go to Time's Square and meet the Naked Cowboy (relax, he's not really naked).
  • I'd like to visit Scotland, wear a kilt, eat haggis with tatties and neeps, see the castles and cathedrals, and see the awesome drumlines at the Edinburgh Military Tattoo Festival.
  • I'd like to visit San Antonio, Texas, see the Alamo, and take the river walk.
  • I'd like to visit New Orleans at Mardi Gras and try the wonderful food and see the outrageous costumes.
  • I'd like to visit Bryant Deny Stadium for a University of Alabama football game and Turner Field for an Atlanta Braves game.
and oh so many other places I'd love to visit.

TIME'S UP!

 
Just a sample of the awesomeness of the Edinburgh Festival
 
 
UPDATE:  I did get to visit Turner Field during the Braves last season there.  Read about it here.

2 comments:

  1. I've been to the first three places, and many more. Sitting here counting my blessings with thanks. I hope you do get to visit these places, and more! I'm a crocheter too (since my kindergarten babysitter showed me how) and I'm trying to lose some weight this spring before going on a trip to England, with my husband co-leading a group of college students and teaching two classes. Yay!
    When do you think you can get to the places listed? Is that the order in which you want to go?
    Hopping over from Lisa-Jo's place and good to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are not in any particular order. I'm not sure when I'll get to visit any of these places, but I hope soon. I'm excited to know you've been to many of these places and are going "across the pond" again. How wonderful. Thank you so much for stopping by.

      Delete