Friday, January 31, 2014

Five Minute Friday: "Hero"

Thanks to Lisa-Jo Baker at Five Minute Friday for the prompts.
 

Hero(ine) - a man/woman of distinguished courage or ability, admired for his/her brave deeds and noble qualities.

GO!

When I think of a hero, I think of a person rescuing someone from danger, whether physical danger or some other life or death situation.  Heroes don't all wear capes or have extraordinary powers.  Many are just regular people are at the right place at the right time.

It's wonderful that this is the word for the week.  I had in my mind to do a "recovery heroes" series on my blog this year.  I want to write about those heroes who have helped me along the way on my journey to total health.

I wish I were a heroine for someone.  Not for praise and honor, but just to know that what I do makes a difference to someone.

My favorite fictional heroes are Batman and Wonder Woman.

I want to be Batgirl for Halloween.

Dean Cain was my favorite TV Superman.

Adam West is the only on-screen Batman I acknowledge.

Is it Pat Benatar who sings, "I Need a Hero"? (Nope, looked it up.  It was Bonnie Taylor) Sometimes I feel like I need one to come rescue me from the mess I've made out of my life.  I suppose I need to buck up and be my own hero!

STOP!



2 comments:

  1. Visiting from Lisa-Jo's website. I love the sentiment of "buck up and be my own hero". It's awesome. I can't wait to explore more of your website.

    ReplyDelete