Friday, January 3, 2014

Five Minute Friday: Fight

Thanks to Lisa-Jo Baker at Five Minute Friday for the prompts.
 

GO!

I used to fight for things, good things.  I fought for the right to at least try to do things that others could do.  If it didn't work out, at least I got the opportunity to try.  That was worth the fight.  I used to be tenacious.

What has happened to my fight?  Sure, I'm still fighting this health battle, but much of the rest of my fight is dwindling.  Two years of unemployment, a failed business, and seemingly impossible circumstances have turned me into a weenie.  For a while I wouldn't watch movies that I hadn't seen before because I was afraid of the possible conflict in them.  What's with that?

I am working to get my fight back.  I am striving to recover the bulldog tenacity that propelled me through high school, college, busted friendships, bad jobs, and good jobs that had to end.  I'm not giving in to the "you might as well quit before you even start" attitude.  It doesn't matter if others have tried and failed; I am not them.  I am me.

Something I learned yesterday:  I am ridiculously in charge of my life.  No one has the right to dictate my life except God Almighty.  In the end, HE will be the One I answer to for how I spent the time He gave me, on one else.  I must continue to fight!

TIME'S UP!


I Timothy 6:12 (KJV) - Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.

 

3 comments:

  1. I wish you well in your fight to get your life back. I admire you for sharing what you are dealing with. It is great to remember that you aren't alone. God is with you, as I am sure your family and friends. So glad I stopped in from FMF! Patti

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Patti. Thanks so much for reading and commenting. Yes, I have a great group of friends and accountability partners who love and encourage me. Those who read my blog, encourage me, and pray for me keep me going as well. Thanks for being a part of that today.

      Delete
  2. I am glad I didn't just stop when I visited the person who linked up for FMF before me. I needed this... Blessings and peace to you on your Journey. God is faithful.

    ReplyDelete