Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Nu Thang: The Weekly Hodgepodge

Shout out to From This Side of the Pond for the Hodgepodge questions.


Times Square is the setting for the infamous ball drop signaling a brand new year....when did you last 'drop the ball' on something?
Aw man!  I was so hoping her first question would be a positive question.  Here to hoping.  Let's see, well, considering I'm not perfect, I make mistakes all the time.  I'd say that although I'm making progress, I've dropped the ball concerning my health.  I'm not where I was, but I'm definitely not where I should be.
What is one thing you resolved to do in 2013 that you actually did?
I finished the "Couch to 5k" running clinic and ran my first 5k.
Jack London is quoted as saying, "You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." Agree or disagree? Why? 
I think inspiration and motivation are everywhere, but I must be looking for them to see or hear them.
What was the best thing you ate in 2013?
Something new?   The Raquel Salad at Baja California Grill here in JackVegas.  Something I've eaten before and really enjoyed again?  A barbeque salad from The Rocket, also local.  I don't get those very often, so when I do, I savor every bite.
Share an anti-resolution...that is, something you plan to keep on doing in the new year.
Maintaining my sense of humor.  Cultivating my gift of healthy sarcasm.  I'm going to keep writing, keep working out, and keep rocking!
The Pantone color of the year for 2014 is radiant orchid.  Like or no like? Would I find this color anywhere in your home or wardrobe? Will you add something in this shade to either?
I don't know who or what Pantone is (their "about us" page was no help), so I have no idea why their color suggestions matter.  Do I like the color?  Oh yes.  Purple is one of my favorite colors and this shade is gorgeous.  While we're on the subject:
Finished up this set today. Don't know if you can tell from the picture, but the set is a dark orchid color.
In three words or less sum up your 2013.
Hallelujah, that's over.  (That's a LOT nicer than the first thing that came to mind.)
Insert your own random thought here.
I’m not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don’t get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I’ve got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I’m off and running, and I’m not turning back.
Philippians 3:12-14 (The Message Paraphrase)

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment