Sunday, November 17, 2013

Hunting and Gathering: The Simple Woman's Daybook for Sunday, November 17, 2013

Outside my window …  Dark drizzling rain, but nice comfortable temps.

I am thinking...  about my upcoming week and how I can "leave the cave, kill something, and drag it back to the cave." as Dave Ramsey would say. 

I am thankful...
that my long crochet project is almost finished.  Yes, I started another one.

In the kitchen...
  too late to eat.

I am wearing...
blue jeans and my Home Run jersey.

I am creating...
I'm finishing up another quilt block-type afghan and I've started on Christmas items.

I am going... Going to visit with my mentor/hero tomorrow.  If the weather is good, I'm going bike riding on the trail with a friend.   

I am wondering... at the utter meanness of some people.  Not being critical.  I've been very mean myself at times and I was a very angry teenager and young adult.  I'm just glad God got ahold of me so I at least have a chance of culling my anger. I don't always succeed.  I've just seen where anger can take people.  Not pretty and full of regrets.

I am reading...
blog posts from the other ladies from Five Minute Friday and Wednesday Hodgepodge.

I am hoping...
that I can sleep in tomorrow.  I've been on the go this week and all weekend (practices, concerts, speaking engagements, church services) and I haven't taken a good rest day and I'm wore slap out.

I am looking forward to...
a good week...no a great week.  I'm also looking forward to celebrating November birthdays with my Sunday School class.

I am learning
… that God's love is so much deeper than I could ever fathom.  Nothing I have accomplished, no sorrow or pain that I've been healed of could have happened without Divine intervention and heavenly influence.

Around the house... I've been decluttering, so I'll try to finish that up. 

I am pondering...   on what kind of bass strings fit my guitar.  I know, it's not a very deep pondering, but the neck of this bass is longer than my old one, so the same brand of strings may not work. I'll have to research that.

A favorite quote for today..."I think I have become so soft living in California that I was beaten up by a cookie" - Craig Ferguson
 
"Vegans complaining about hot dogs is like the Amish being mad about gas prices." - Bill "Bubba" Bussey

One of my favorite things... the internet.

A few plans for the rest of the week:  Job hunting, studying, errands, practices, etc.

A peek into my day...  made it to the end of the Anniston, Alabama side of the bike trail yesterday.  A good 12 mile ride with friends.  The other end is at the Alabama/Georgia line...now that will take some training. 
 

 If you would like to join in and post your own Daybook, please head on over to visit Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook (http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/) . Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment