Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Draw Four!: The Weekly Hodgepodge

Shout out to From This Side of the Pond for the Hodgepodge questions.


What lesson has failure taught you?
I guess it depends on my definition of failure.  I see small failures as mistakes that can be corrected.  I can learn how to do things better from small amounts of failure.  Large scale failures teach me that I hate failure!  Those are things that can't be corrected quickly or easily, if at all. 
What decision are you glad you made?
The decision to be open and honest.  Holding my feelings in and trying to please everyone by pretending to be OK is very tiring.  Seems like the more honest I am, the more quickly I mentally recover and can move on.  Some people don't like it.  Oh well...
I've been a little bit surprised to see fully lit and decorated Christmas trees popping up for the past several weeks in friend's Instagram feeds. So tell the truth-is your tree up and decorated, and if so when did that happen? If not, when will you be decking the halls?
Nope, neither my tree nor my decorations are up yet,  I don't decorate until the weekend after Thanksgiving.  I don't officially listen to Christmas music until then either.  Yeah, I know, I'm having to listen to some to be ready for our Christmas concerts, but that's because I have to.
Solitaire-Poker-Rummy-Hearts-Go Fish-Old Maid...which game of cards would you most like to join?
Uno or Spades.  Yeah, I know those weren't the choices, but it's what I like.
This question comes to you courtesy of a Facebook friend, who once upon a time had a blog...When you're feeling stressed do you snack a lot or are you more the 'can't eat' type?
I wish I was more of the "can't eat" type, but no, I snack when I'm stressed.  I try to fight the urge, but don't always succeed. 
Have you ever reviewed a product or service on line? Was your review favorable or less than favorable?
Several, actually.  I've reviewed a CD, a book, and a piece of fitness equipment on Amazon.com. The CD and the fitness equipment were favorable (for the most part).  The book, not so much.
What was the best conversation you had yesterday?
A conversation I had with Mom.  I found out something new about my maternal grandparents.  I never knew that although grandma had some education, my sweet granddaddy never know how to read. I know that seems like a sad thing to hear, but it was actually inspiring.  From the stories Mom told me, her parents were very intelligent, hard working people.  That makes me proud.
Insert your own random thought here.
And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 10Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong. II Corinthians 12:9-10

2 comments:

  1. I listened to my mom share a story with my daughter that I'd never heard before either. It's fun to discover new things about our parents. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete