Friday, November 8, 2013

Five Minute Friday: Truth

Thanks to Lisa-Jo Baker at Five Minute Friday for the prompts.
 
Five Minute Friday

I started to not participate this week because I thought we'd done this post already, but the prompt was actually "true."  So here goes.

GO!

I care too much about truth...other people's interpretation of the truth.  I do things (or don't do things) worrying about what others will think about it--their truth about it.

Jesus said that the Word of God was truth (John 17:17).  Is this the truth I worry about?  Is this the truth I focus on most?  Sadly, no.  I see others take this truth and twist it to their own benefit and to the harm of others.  Most of it comes from not knowing the truth in the first place.  They do not know the Person of Truth, nor do they know His Word of Truth.  If we stuck to the reality of Biblical truth, more lives would be changed rather than destroyed.

The Bible says in Ephesians 4:15 to speak the truth in love.  Do I do that?  Or does good ol' "tell 'em like it is" get in the way?  I'm so anxious to speak truth, but do I speak it in love? Even when Jesus was chastising the religious crowd for turning God's Truth into a bunch of rules and regulations, He still spoke in love and of love.  When He threw the moneychangers out of the temple for thinking more of ill-gotten gain than the needs of people, He turned around and brought in the sick and hurting, healed them, and loved them.

TIMES UP!

No comments:

Post a Comment